Repeating BSOD restart at XP loading screen

I recently upgraded my motherboard to a Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H AMD 880G AM3 Motherboard, Processor to AMD Athlon II, and 4gb of ram. Whenever I start up my computer I cannot get it past the windows loading screen, it pops up for a second, then BSOD restart. I run windows XP. When I switched motherboards (the first time before that one blew out) it was having this same problem. Then when I was forced to make this upgrade the problem continued. The only parts that are the same are: Power Supply, PCI-E video card (taken from my brothers out of commission computer), and the HDD. I've pretty much ruled out the HDD since I've tried 4 different ones, and had similar results. Did I connect something wrong? I'm so confused. If I could have some help, that would be great. Much appreciated.

A motherboard switch will usually screw up a Windows installation, if I'm not mistaken.
Sounds like you need to reinstall Windows, my friend.

The problems continue

on my second CD drive. I get the windows cd in and I get as far as the windows set up screen, blue and you choose to install windows or repair, from there the keyboard doesn't seem to respond

Could it possibly be a shortage of power? I do have a video card that sucks up a lot of juice and my brother (who i got the video card from) implied that the power supply might be causing the keyboard to not work, however I'm not sure if this would cause the BDOS at the windows loading screen triggering the repeated restarts.

Back