Report: iPhone responsible for half of all U.S. smartphone sales

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Last week speculation surfaced suggesting demand for Apple’s popular iPhone may be slowing. That thought process was at least partially based on a report from the Wall Street Journal claiming Apple may have overestimated demand and is in the process...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/51413-report-iphone-responsible-for-half-of-all-us-smartphone-sales.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Skidmarksdeluxe

If that's the case it's a sad state of affairs & I don't believe a word of it. I can't believe 51% of all U.S. citizens are basket cases.

9Nails

Measured in my circle of friends, this is certainly not the case. I'm seeing more HTC Evos and Samsung Galaxys these days.

G

So how many free iPhones are given out to these companies for lying about the smartphone sale research? iPhone sales are no more than 40%, and even at that:
Total Android devices topple iOS devices > 3 to 1.

Just saw someone post online: "Don't know why I didn't switch to iPhone sooner! I've been on instagram all day!"

...Instagram is available on Android devices as well. Point made.

Arris

Probably also unaware that instagram take copyright of any any photos they take using the app.

G

I haven't paid attention all that much before, but as of late, I've been noticing that these "Research Firms" are full of S*IT! ...and mean through and through!!
The propaganda machine working at full speed.

...and not just in regards to research on phones.

Jim$ter

I believe it. I see tons of iPhones and I'm glad. If I text someone and your not blue I hate you.

MilwaukeeMike

Huh? Quote from the story "It might not be the case that iPhone sales are slowing down because 52% of the smartphone sales in Q4 2012 were iPhones." Well... what were they in Q3, was it 55%? Cause if they sold more in Q3 than in Q4, then they're slowing down.

G

Jim$ter said:
I believe it. I see tons of iPhones and I'm glad. If I text someone and your not blue I hate you.

And here, ladies and gentlemen; is the epitome of your typical iPhone user. Need I say more?

G

I know its a reflex for all you apple haters to call anyone that think IOS is Superior to Android a fan boy or I sheep(which doesn't actually exist) , but honestly, the Android experience was horrible for me. Tried a new droid for a week (dual 1.5Ghz, 4.5 screen, ICS etc) it for a week, HATED it. went back to my 2 year old iPhone. At least I tried it.

ok, bring on the militant Android comments