Resurrecting a P4 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafdmr24

Hello all. I've a P4 which was given to me by a friend after he bought a new one. Its been almost half a year since i decided i wanted to give it away, workable. Its last known problem was a lot of random bsods which i couldn't pinpoint. Fed-up, my friend decided to get everything new. Now when i tried to resurrect it with a mix of random hardware i had, everything seems to move but no beeps at all & no video. I've tested it with 3 different gfx card but still nothing (they still worked on other computers), checked loose connections, tested the memory sticks which were good, hdd is still good, changed the onboard battery & its power was sufficient. The specs are, P4 intel socket 478 processor?(no idea which one),Gigabyte GA-8IE2004P mobo, Kingston KVR266X24C25 512mb ddr ram, i-Cute 400w power supply, Seagate ST38422A 8.6gb, 3 different gfx card tested with; Creative CT6890?? (AGP), ATI Radeon 7500 128mb (AGP) & a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 2mb (PCI). Any ideas? Sure hope i could get it to work again so i could give it away to a local charity. Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back