Retailers leak possible Nintendo Switch Pro MSRP, imminent pre-order launch

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member
Rumor mill: We've heard plenty of rumors about an upcoming upgrade to the Nintendo Switch that everyone is calling the Switch Pro for the lack of anything better to call it. There has not been any concrete information on it other than some speculated hardware guesses and predictions of a release window.

French electronics store Boulanger accidentally posted a product page for the rumored next iteration of the Nintendo Switch. According to a screenshot of the page, Nintendo is, in fact, calling it the Switch Pro rather than the "Super Switch." It also shows an MSRP of 399 euros, which is about $484 US. This price seems questionable since it puts the new Switch on par with the PS5 digital and well above the XBSS.

A second screenshot shows the retailers internal inventory screen. It shows "valid until" dates of December 31, 2039, which are clearly placeholders. There is no mention of release or pre-order dates on either screen.

However, earlier this week, Centro Leaks reported it had "verified" screenshots from an unnamed retailer showing pre-orders starting on June 4 and June 30. The June 4 date (today) is obviously invalid unless Nintendo suddenly announces something before the day is done. The other date, June 30, sounds like a typical placeholder.

Speaking of placeholders, retailers often design product pages on their websites with inaccurate info serving as a substitute to unknowns. Sometimes these pages accidentally go live. So treat this "leak" as a rumor. Everything, including the name and price, could be each retailer's best guess until Nintendo relays more information to them.

That said, when we start seeing these types of pages popping up, it usually indicates a product release is imminent. Earlier this year, insiders said components will start shipping out to assembly lines this summer putting a possible release as early as this fall. So pre-orders could indeed go live soon.

Image credit: Wachiwit

Permalink to story.

I am looking forward to reviews of these new switches. With DLSS it could actually offer a decent 4k experience. I don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as the series x or the ps5, but I'm hopeful this will be better than ps4 pro or one x. If they can offer decent 4k, I'll probably pick one up.

I wonder If this is using the same Tegra SOC but perhaps tweaked a bit.

I just dont see this called Pro with a brand new SOC.

But of course, sprinkle the hot marketing buzzword DLSS and then it will beat even a 6900xt!

When the switch released it did so at $299, the exact same price of a PS4 even though it was substantially weaker. Expecting a $399 to $499 price sounds entirely plausible given how nintendo tends to overprice every one of their consoles.

If 399€ is the final retail price the same contains France VAT's of 20%. Without it and converting directly to dollars the price is about 399$. Then you also have to account prices on Europe being higher than American prices, so anything from 349$ to 399$ would be my guess.

If 399€ is the final retail price the same contains France VAT's of 20%. Without it and converting directly to dollars the price is about 399$. Then you also have to account prices on Europe being higher than American prices, so anything from 349$ to 399$ would be my guess.

$399 would be a definite buy for me. And I could give my old one to my buddy cuz he's been dying to play SSBU.

I feel like the new SoC would need to have the original CPU cores running at 1Ghz to have fully compatibility when playing in portable but have a docked mode designed for 4k.

Yay, more power to run mario kart 8, which was available on the wiiU.

It's like nintendo's own gta5.

Yay, more power to run mario kart 8, which was available on the wiiU.

It's like nintendo's own gta5.
To be fair, no one played the Wii U. Didn't BotW come out initially for the Wii U, as well?

Anyways, I am fully prepared to not be able to buy one thanks to scalpers and chip shortages.

To be fair, no one played the Wii U. Didn't BotW come out initially for the Wii U, as well?

Anyways, I am fully prepared to not be able to buy one thanks to scalpers and chip shortages.
I'm one of those who played botw on wiiU, switch is neat I had one but got bored of it and gave it away, my favorite feature honestly was the joycons, I wish microsoft or sony would've ripped those off by now.

Back