right side of picture shaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

deano3041

ok i got this new rig with a his x800xl video card and a 19 inch flat starlogic crt and it rips everything but sometimes the right of my screen mostly towards the top will start shaking.......sometimes just a little but sometimes a lot and makes in really annoying.....i thought i had a bad monitor so i exchanged it for a new one but it still shakes sometimes....am i pushing this monitor too hard and i need to go to an lcd or is my video card messed up any help would be greatly appreciated thanx

deano, the problem might be that your monitor might be placed in a redius of a electronic device, eg microwave. also things with a magnetic source eg a subwolfer. i had this same problem and since i moved my computer into a different room then it has been fine. nothing wrong with video card

deano3041 said:
ok i got this new rig with a his x800xl video card and a 19 inch flat starlogic crt and it rips everything but sometimes the right of my screen mostly towards the top will start shaking.......sometimes just a little but sometimes a lot and makes in really annoying.....i thought i had a bad monitor so i exchanged it for a new one but it still shakes sometimes....am i pushing this monitor too hard and i need to go to an lcd or is my video card messed up any help would be greatly appreciated thanx
Read this 2 years old thread.

k thanx

well idk if i have ne magnets round here and i do have a woffer a few feet under my monitor but it will shake even with the woofer off so idk i might try my old monitor just to see if it shakes but ne ways il report back

deano3041 said:
well idk if i have ne magnets round here and i do have a woffer a few feet under my monitor but it will shake even with the woofer off so idk i might try my old monitor just to see if it shakes but ne ways il report back
What you need to do is --

"The sun will not provide nicely regular periodic dynamic fields. Every dynamic magnetic fields in the normal environment originated with powerline.

Hence the effects condition almost always improve using VSYNC farthest away from powerline frequency and the multiple of powerline frequency."

Try for different VSYNC settings and then observe the effect per setting.

Vigilante said:
You degauss the monitor when it does that? Does it stop?
It isn't going to stop as shakings are by default "dynamic", degaussing will only compensate for STATIC field build-ups. eg, low-order magnetic fields.

But that doesn't explain why degaussing fixes my shaky screen whenever it acts up. But ok.

Then again, it could be a bi-centorial planetary alignment issue, causing magnetizm from a far off planet to condense and magnify it's polar discharge through the crystalized planet next in-line with Earth, thus shooting a highly volitile beam of power with pinpoint accuracy to his monitor; as our planets spin in orbit in perfect synchronization, there's no telling when it will stop. I would suggest covering your monitor with tin foil.

But that's just one theory :)

Vigilante said:
But that doesn't explain why degaussing fixes my shaky screen whenever it acts up. But ok.
It meant your powerline is sub-par, maybe your whole house wiring? Degaussing simply created shorts across degaussing coils - think of it as - decaying magnetic fields.

Vigilante said:
Then again, it could be a bi-centorial planetary alignment issue, causing magnetizm from a far off planet to condense and magnify it's polar discharge through the crystalized planet next in-line with Earth, thus shooting a highly volitile beam of power with pinpoint accuracy to his monitor; as our planets spin in orbit in perfect synchronization, there's no telling when it will stop. I would suggest covering your monitor with tin foil.

But that's just one theory :)
You could always revert to the old reliable sun-spot theory. It did work for the IT expert mentioned within the provided link above, he passed the buck smoothly as neccessary.

ANY electrical interference can cause wacky behavior on a CRT. Whether static or sun spots or power line frequencies or planetary magnetizm or amature radio broadcaster nextdoor.

I myself find that the repetitive motion of a 24oz hammer head to the top of my monitor provides both a solution as well as stress relief.

Vigilante said:
Whether static or sun spots or power line frequencies or planetary magnetizm or amature radio broadcaster nextdoor.
Actually no, those interferences can not approach anywhere near that of an EMP from a nuclear bomb, which is about the only thing that could. As all CRTs have a protection mu-metal collar around the electron guns for that very purpose.

Powerline interference is an exception as it is also the frequency neccessary for input power to the CRTs.
Vigilante said:
I myself find that the repetitive motion of a 24oz hammer head to the top of my monitor provides both a solution as well as stress relief.
To destroy had always been easy, to build is always much harder.

I don't know about this power line theory of yours dude. EVERYBODY has a computer and there is a power line somewhere. Sometimes right out the front door. Not everybody has a shaky monitor.

And I've never ever heard of a power line causing this. All I've ever witnessed causing issues with monitors is magnetizm and static, thus, move your speakers and magnets, deguass the screen. Not saying it isn't possible. But why isn't all the neighbors monitors bad as well?
Perhaps the monitor is just cheap, perhaps it went bad, perhaps it's not being grounded somewhere the right way, perhaps it is demon possessed.

"those interferences can not approach anywhere near that of an EMP from a nuclear bomb"

Now THAT would be a good experiment! Deano, try it, frequencies will be the LEAST of your worries bro. lol. Matter of fact, that'll solve a lot of peoples' problems real quick!

I found the best solution of all, buy an LCD and go to town!

Does the shaking happen when you run at different resolutions? Have you adjusted your monitors refresh rate? Have you updated your video card drivers or tried a different video card?

I'm sorry PanicX but that is just to practical for this thread, can't you think of something more exciting?

Err... sorry,

It could be computer gnomes, Get a net and hold it up to your exhaust fan, then flush your internet cache. Or your're monitor may be posessed. Try and have a priest perform an exorcism on your monitor.

mmmmmk

guys ive already tried all the normal stuff with the resolution and everything i have noticed the lower the resolution the more noticable the shaking is but now i have bigger problems than just the picture my whole machine is done for i never get past the bios with anything if anybody is interested in helping me i will give a detailed description but i really need some help guys plz

Well, post the detailed description.

Do you get any error codes on start up? Do you have another videocard you can try in this machine?

picture shaking

Hmm,

Serious for a second. It could be a failing power supply. The switching PS in computers use high frequency and high voltage and if things are going bad who knows what kind of magnetic fields it might put out.

Also just getting pass BIOS load and then nothing!, does sound like the CPU is being starved, ie. dieing PS again.

Really though I had similar weird thing with my CRT. When the newly installed hot tube came on (pump and heater) my monitor went crazy! (almost called in a young priest and an old priest) :approve: It turn out the A/C line to the hot tube was running just behind the monitor (inside the wall of course). Move my comp desk and vola! No shakes. Just after too many beers. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back