Rumor suggests more Xbox One exclusives are headed to PC

Scorpus

Staff member

Following the announcement that Quantum Break, previously an Xbox One exclusive, will be heading to PC on its April 5th launch date, a rumor has appeared that suggests more Xbox-exclusive titles will be transitioning to PC in the near future.

The report, which comes from WPDang via Windows Central, claims that Microsoft will soon be putting a greater emphasis on gaming through Windows 10 and the Windows Store. To improve the experience on PC, the company will allegedly be bringing Forza Motorsport 6, Gears of War 4, and Scalebound to the platform.

On top of this, the yet-to-be-announced Forza Horizon 3 will also make its way to both Xbox One and Windows 10. All four titles, as well as Quantum Break, will be exclusive to the Windows Store.

The move to bring these Xbox exclusives to PC is a significant one for Microsoft, as series such as Forza have never previously been available on PC, while Gears of War has been missing since the very first title. However, they won't be the first Xbox exclusives to appear on PC: Microsoft has already brought titles such as Killer Instinct and Gears of War Ultimate Edition to the platform.

It could be a while until we hear about the aforementioned games coming to PC. Gears of War 4 is slated for a late 2016 launch, while action role-playing game Scalebound isn't coming until 2017. The only title that could potentially be ported soon is Forza 6, which launched on Xbox One in September last year to widespread praise.

Permalink to story.

Well done Microsoft! This is a good direction to be heading in. I really hope the ports are done properly with proper graphic settings and no weird framerate locks.

If Microsoft pulls this off, I for one will be very happy to buy said games which I otherwise, would have never bought...

I called this when they transitioned to x86 architecture, makes the games 10 fold easier to port from console to PC, now with Windows 10 market place allowing Microsoft to sell you the games directly to your OS it was only the logical next step in the gaming ecosystem Microsoft is trying to push. And once more this is a way to transition the gaming crowd to Windows 10, something a lot of us are reluctant to do. Gears and Forza are two big titles that I've never really gotten to enjoy due to them being xbox exclusives forever, perhaps now I'll take a look at them.

Sony may have more console sold at the moment, but this news is actually some of the best news I've herd for the current gen consoles from the Microsoft camp, actually it is best thing I've herd period in regards to the current consoles. And this is simply because it means more AAA games are coming to PC, lets just hope they get the polish they deserve and same launch dates.

Shame I can't trust microsoft after gfwl. If they sold them on third party store that I trusted I probably would buy them, even if they had higher price to compensate for valves or project reds cut. At least then I would know I could mod the games when they close drm servers. If they somehow make contract that obligates them to keep servers running for 20+ years or they got fined billions I would trust them, maybe.

Bring Halo to the PC (beyond one). Then again I just started playing Diablo III and with my limited time (married and kids) I should finish that game in 2-3 years so MS can take their time.

Yep, yep, yep .... and once again they have confirmed that the PC is king with it comes to gaming .... got to love it!

Those are really good news, is there someone around here who bought Tomb Raider from the Store? I'll like to hear how Windows Store hand

Those are really good news, is there someone around here who bought Tomb Raider from the Store? I'll like to hear how Windows Store hand
See here: http://wccftech.com/windows-store-terrible-support-games-microsoft-fix/

The gist is forced vsync, forced borderless full screen, heavily delayed game updates. So Freesync/Gsync will have problems, CFX/SLI will be 100% useless, OSDs may not work, and maybe you need an update to get a mission to progress but have to wait for whatever reason.

With Tomb Raider, I recall a lot of settings missing too or something like that. Don't take my word on that though.

It's all very reminiscent of GFWL. The Universal Windows Platform (UWP) code standard is to blame.

Well done Microsoft! This is a good direction to be heading in. I really hope the ports are done properly with proper graphic settings and no weird framerate locks.

If Microsoft pulls this off, I for one will be very happy to buy said games which I otherwise, would have never bought...

We already know that a Microsoft Win10 game means giving up the following features

fullscreen, V-Sync option, multi - GPU support, overlays, mods, slow downloads, infrequent updates. I'm sure there's a couple that I've missed.

So I think we'll save the applause until they actually deserve it...

We already know that a Microsoft Win10 game means giving up the following features

fullscreen, V-Sync option, multi - GPU support, overlays, mods, slow downloads, infrequent updates. I'm sure there's a couple that I've missed.

Can you please provide some evidence for this? I've got plenty of games on my Windows 10 machine at home and have none of these issues.
Or are you talking about specifically games that have been ported from Xbox One? Of which, my comment still stands...

Can you please provide some evidence for this? I've got plenty of games on my Windows 10 machine at home and have none of these issues.
Or are you talking about specifically games that have been ported from Xbox One? Of which, my comment still stands...

I'm talking about Windows 10 store games. For example, the new tomb raider.

It's a known fact that the tomb raider game bought from the ms store has these issues. It's also the case with minecraft win10 edition and there's some microsoft game that's in beta, but I can't remember what that was.

Windows 10 desktop games are fine. I don't see how your comment still stands for xbox one games. Yes, they're being ported, but they're terrible ports.

And if you want a news story to back up thorpj with: http://wccftech.com/windows-store-terrible-support-games-microsoft-fix/

(As I posted earlier to a comment above yours).

I'm talking about Windows 10 store games. For example, the new tomb raider.

It's a known fact that the tomb raider game bought from the ms store has these issues. It's also the case with minecraft win10 edition and there's some microsoft game that's in beta, but I can't remember what that was.

Windows 10 desktop games are fine. I don't see how your comment still stands for xbox one games. Yes, they're being ported, but they're terrible ports.
Well that makes considerably more sense, I thought you were pointing at Windows 10 in general not just the Windows 10 Store.

My comment still stands because I said... In fact we'll break it down because I thought it was pretty clear:

"Well done Microsoft! This is a good direction to be heading in." - A good direction to be heading in means they're on the right tracks, by actually porting these games means they get more sales of said games, I won't ever own an Xbox One so they've lost those potential game sales from me, but I would now consider them.

"I really hope the ports are done properly with proper graphic settings and no weird framerate locks." - I hope they sort out these issues or simply port the games mentioned in the news article properly without said issues, from the context of my comment, You can assume I already knew about the past bad ports.

"If Microsoft pulls this off, I for one will be very happy to buy said games which I otherwise, would have never bought..." - Assuming you've read my comment from top to bottom instead of backwards, I am stating that if they do a good job porting the games, there's a high chance I would purchase the games mentioned in the article.

Um... can you name a Windows 10 game out NOW that has been ported from the XBOX One other than Tomb Raider?

I really don't think that we can take that as evidence that all future XBOX One ports to Windows 10 will be bug-ridden...

It's not like it's in MS' best interests to give you a shoddy game experience... and they're REALLY rich.... I would bet that you're probably going to see some pretty good finished products...

Let's let time decide though...

Just if the rumors are true about various restrictions, they won't see me adopt Windows 10 or play their silly exclusives. I'm happier with an older OS already, and honestly there's more games out there. Hooray they brought exclusives to PC, now if they'd drop the silly locks on everything PC gamers will be happy. I'd rather be on one platform, than be split across all these stores and platforms to make it more of a headache.

Asking friends to jump onto another platform, is not always going to work as some will be resistant to the ideas. Some just don't want to jump on Origin, GOG and various others in development. It's just more things to keep installed, all for maybe 5-10 games at best. While you have Steam with hundreds of games, and yes quality is getting pretty pathetic I will admit. :p

I already own Forza 6 for Xbox One and I absolutely love the game. I would gladly buy it for PC along with all of it's DLC all over again. This will give me the excuse I need to buy a really nice racing wheel. Plus PC has way better racing wheels than what's available on Xbox One.

On a side note though, isn't Gears of War UE promised to have an unlocked framerate and other things? I'm curious how they are managing to with UWP, unless they managed to take an alternate route?

I really don't think that we can take that as evidence that all future XBOX One ports to Windows 10 will be bug-ridden...
Not sure what bugs you're talking about? There's no comments here about bugs, just comments about the UWP framework which has forced restrictions. These restrictions cannot be changed unless there is extensive change to the code/standard of the framework (as far as I'm aware of at least).

Last edited:
On a side note though, isn't Gears of War UE promised to have an unlocked framerate and other things? I'm curious how they are managing to with UWP, unless they managed to take an alternate route?

Not sure what bugs you're talking about? There's no comments here about bugs, just comments about the UWP framework which has forced restrictions. These restrictions cannot be changed unless there is extensive change to the code/standard of the framework (as far as I'm aware of at least).

Sorry, was just replying to others complaining about Tomb Raider.... Again, I don't see this as evidence that all other XBOX One ports will be flawed.... let's wait and see, eh?

Back