Running two monitors question

Larsenex

Greetings Tech folks,

I am going to add a 2nd monitor to my desk. The one I have now is an Asus which is 27" 1080P @ 60hz.

I wanted add the LG 31.5" 1440P @ 144hz. (freesync)

I have an Nvidia GTX 1070 video card.

Questions:

• Can I easily run 2 monitors with different refresh rates and different resolutions on this sole card?
  • If not, should I upgrade to a beefier card or add a 2nd video card and what card(s)?

Thanks again,

Yes, you can - just set the new 1440p monitor as your primary. Without knowing what model the LG monitor, I can't tell if it supports Gsync Compatible mode, but the driver control panel will tell you.

Yes, you can - just set the new 1440p monitor as your primary. Without knowing what model the LG monitor, I can't tell if it supports Gsync Compatible mode, but the driver control panel will tell you.

Neeyik,
Thank you for the reply. The monitor supports freesync. Will the 1070 be able to support both Monitors?

Yes, you will be able to use both monitors at their stated resolutions and refresh rates. The only thing I can't say for certain is whether or not you'll be able enable Gsync Compatible mode - if you can, just make sure it's set to Fullscreen mode only, otherwise it will force GC @ 60 Hz on the LG monitor.

Back