S&P cuts Sony rating, warns it could face further downgrades

Leeky

TS Evangelist
US credit ratings agency Standard and Poor’s cut the long term debt rating of Sony Corporation to BBB+ yesterday, issuing a stark warning that it could drop the Japanese electronics…

Read the whole story

NTAPRO

TS Evangelist
:O I keep forgetting that Sony is a japanese company

I wonder if there might be significantly lower prices that will be benefiting Sony as well as the consumer :eek:

G

It figures, should I say karma, for all those bad DLP televisions they made in the early and mid 2000's. Ninety nine point nine percent of them suffer an optical block malfunction which leaves the screen with yellow and blue anomalies. Nonetheless, it do seem like they are offering customers of all affected models a few hundred dollars off the newer models. I guess some consolation is better than none, but spending two to four grand in planned obsolescence, ouch! My pocket still hurts.

G

And my message was deleted..

Like i said its going down, down down down

It was predicted since their fall against angry geeks jumping wild on their lawnyard.

spydercanopus

TS Evangelist
Sony should try to separate the Playstation brand from itself, like sending it out on a life-raft of the Titanic. Or like baby Moses being sent down the river to avoid execution.