Safety comes first

Status
Not open for further replies.

batigoal

I've had alot of problems with my new computer since i bought it 4months ago and had been seeking for help here but couldnt get one. Now i realised wad caused all the trouble was the plug that i bought. It is not equipped with any protection to power surges at all and that caused my mobo and a 2gb ram to fry.

So i would like to inform u ppl that it is vital to have a power surge protector/suppressor although most of you might have gotten it already..

For those who dunno wad i'm tokin about, i advice u to go check out this link
http://www.howstuffworks.com/surge-protector.htm

It has some very useful information on "power surges" and how to prevent it. Remember this: Power Surges KILL~!

Good luck ppl~

It may not be as safe. But any sign of electrical storm, my power cord is out !
As for the blackouts (that have come every once in a while) I've just been lucky I suppose.

Having a surge protector + a PSU that can power down is a really good solution to sudden power surges. Although, I recommend disconnecting the power completely during a thunderstorm, having a (good) surge protector with a built-in breaker should protect vital PC components. As far as blackouts are concerned, there are many surge protectors that feature battery backup so when the power goes out, you have some time to finish up what you are doing and you can shut the system down properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back