Samsung 172T Flat Panel Crooked - Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, All.
I just purchased two Samsung 172T black flat panel monitors. After I opened the double hinge stand and stood them up, the panels tilted to the right. In other words, they are not level. The shelf is pretty level. The panel is not level or parallel with its base. Both units tilt the same on different shelfs. So, I cannot believe that I got two bad units.

Is there an adjustment screw on the hinge that will enable me to level the unit? I have yet to call Samsung - I thought that I would try here first.

Thanks,
Chet

Welcome to TechSpot forums

I've just bought a silver 172T from a friend, unfortunately I won't be able to play with it until the weekend. I'll ask him if knows anything about adjusting the monitor as far as the stand goes...

I'll post any useful info I find out back here..
:wave:

The one I received is straight as a die.
Doesn't seem to be any trim adjustments on them to level them out. No info on levelling them. My mates 172W was straight as well. Just to clarify it is the unit thats squint and not the image on screen? Are you using the dvi or analog and manually adjusting the image? I know that this isn't likely but its funny how a slightly squint image can fool the eye into thinking the unit itself is squint... Guess you'll have to call Samsung and see about a replacement or some kind of warranty maintanence :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back