Samsung Galaxy S10 could come in three sizes including a 6.4-inch monster

Shawn Knight

Staff member
A hot potato: If true, it would represent vastly different approaches to biometric verification from the world’s two largest smartphone makers. Apple, if you recall, removed the fingerprint sensor from its iPhone X last year in favor of its proprietary Face ID camera system. Samsung, meanwhile, will reportedly stick with proven technology and simply relocate the scanner, a move that would free up space elsewhere on the device.

Samsung is expected to match Apple’s rumored trifecta of iPhones with a trio of Galaxy S10 devices packing a variety of screen sizes.

Renowned analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, now with TF International Securities, said in a recent report that Samsung is planning to offer the Galaxy S10 in three distinct models: one with a 5.8-inch screen, another with a 6.1-inch display and a third with a 6.4-inch panel.

The two larger phones will reportedly feature “ultrasonic FOD,” or fingerprint on display, technology which simply means they’ll have fingerprint scanners embedded within their front displays. The smaller Galaxy S10 will have a fingerprint sensor on the side of the device, the analyst notes.

The Galaxy Note 9, due later this year, is expected to have a physical fingerprint sensor positioned on the rear of the phablet.

Of the two methods (facial recognition or in-display fingerprint sensor), which do you prefer? Both seem to have their pros and cons with regard to convenience, usability and the level of security they offer. Chime in and let us know what you think!

Permalink to story.

For readers who do not keep up with the latest phone nonsense, and got confused by the article's title...

Samsung Galaxy S10 is a phone model, not an electronic dildo or anything like that, although there was an app for that too...

Wish they'd stop this rolled screen edge nonsense... I'd estimate about 65% of the S8's I see with people in public have cracked screens.

Wish they'd stop this rolled screen edge nonsense... I'd estimate about 65% of the S8's I see with people in public have cracked screens.

Yep, I only have the S6 edge, but it is the most fragile phone I've ever owned and the screen is a spiders web of cracks. Amazing thing is that it still works in spite of the cracks and I'm hesitant to spend the A$240 or so because a replacement screen will just crack the first time it falls out of my pocket!

That's just down to the individual. Guilty of this, my S8+ is ****ed due to my neglegence. I do like the design however, watching (back when it was not cracked) content on it was amazing! However the new iPhone X screen is juicy, very over-saturated of course but its like looking at a high quality, color rich PAPER!

Anyway, for the past few years mobile phones have been stagnant. Yes they are faster, better each year but nothing revolutionary.

- Fully Waterproof up to 5m-10m
- OLED Panel
- 128GB+ storage
- SD card support
- 3 day battery life
- Rapid charge (to full in an hour)
- Dual/Quad Bluetooth streaming
- Dual SIM support
- Screen embedded biometrics
- Dual camera with telephoto lens
- 4k @ 120fps // 1080p @ 240ps // Multiple aspect ratios, 4k to 8k pictures
- Ability for modular attachments (lens, extended battery life, DSLR integrations)
- Ergonomic yet maximized screen to body ratio
- Support for 5G
- FREE GPS FOR EVERYONE (whether you have data or not)

Big ask, I know, and unrealistic. Point being, able to be connected globally to internet at all times, with great biometrics such as accurate heart monitors, body temperature, great extended battery life and audio/video/photo features.

- Internet/GPS Access
- Battery
- Durability

are the main three areas they need to keep improving on.

#utopiannut

Dude.....I just bought the s9 plus like a month ago. quit making new phones every year with garbage improvements. seriously....my s9+ battery life is worse than my s7 edge by default unless I download a package disabler to disable all of samsungs nonsense. you guys aren't making phones any better really lol. just stop for 3 and actually impress me for once. thanks for keeping the headphone jack on the s9+ though. I'm still ashamed of its battery life though. pretty atrocious for $1000

Back