Samsung preparing to charge for Milk Music after launching as a free service

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Samsung launched a streaming music service called Milk last month. The service grabbed headlines as it was free to download, free to use without ads and didn't even require users to log in. That's certainly appealing on a number of...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/56450-samsung-preparing-to-charge-for-milk-music-after-launching-as-a-free-service.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Jad Chaar

Why do they want to join the already polluted streaming music market? You cant compete against Spotify for example unless you have low rates.

misor

"Samsung preparing to charge for Milk Music after launching as a free service".
Big typo here, I think it should read: Samsung preparing to Milk us for Music after launching as a free service.
:)
The seductive nature of freebies until users got sucked.
with billions of dollars of profit after tax, I think it's a corporate responsibility of Samsung to offer something that is really free and enjoyable to its customers.

Skidmarksdeluxe

:)
The seductive nature of freebies until users got sucked.
with billions of dollars of profit after tax, I think it's a corporate responsibility of Samsung to offer something that is really free and enjoyable to its customers.
It's the oldest trick in the book, they get you addicted then WHAM! they lower the boom.

Last edited:

Ghost410

The bait and switch paradigm only works when the customer has a compelling need for what is being offered. Milk isn't anything special. I certainly wouldn't pay for it or tolerate their ads. Won't be missed.

"Samsung preparing to charge for Milk Music after launching as a free service".
Big typo here, I think it should read: Samsung preparing to Milk us for Music after launching as a free service.

How can they start charging for something that doesn't even work properly in the first place?