Samsung releases awesome Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Limited Editon

Scorpus

Staff member

Samsung has teamed up with Marvel to promote The Avengers: Age of Ultron, releasing an Iron Man Limited Edition variant of the company's popular Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone in a striking red and gold color scheme.

This Galaxy S6 Edge's surprisingly attractive Iron Man color scheme, complete with an Iron Man graphic on the rear of the phone, is complemented by a themed version of Samsung's TouchWiz UI. Throughout the skin you'll find various Iron Man images, alongside custom fonts and icons.

Inside the box, Samsung is including a matching wireless charger that's designed to look like Tony Stark's ARC reactor. To protect the limited edition 64 GB handset, Samsung is also bundling in a clear cover.

At this stage, the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Limited Edition is only slated to launch in Korea (on May 27), and China and Hong Kong (in June). It's not clear how much the device will cost, but expect it to command a premium over the regular Galaxy S6 Edge, which currently costs around US$800.

Permalink to story.

Tony Stark (him and Cletus Kasady) was my favorite superhero when I was a kid. Only thing is, back then no one cared, he was just another superhero like Green Lantern or Cyclops.
Cool, but nothing like Wolverine or Batman.
So crazy to see him as one of the most, if not the most popular character in Marvel now.
All these new fans are coming out like they've loved him forever.
I'm like b***h please, I had an Ironman lunchbox in 3rd grade (1993).

It looks really awesome and I like the fact they include a case along with a wireless charger as well but it's sure to set you back a pretty penny. Of I wouldn't consider it even if I was in the position to buy one but I'm sure they're gonna be sold out in no time flat.

Tony Stark (him and Cletus Kasady) was my favorite superhero when I was a kid. Only thing is, back then no one cared, he was just another superhero like Green Lantern or Cyclops.
Cool, but nothing like Wolverine or Batman.
So crazy to see him as one of the most, if not the most popular character in Marvel now.
All these new fans are coming out like they've loved him forever.
I'm like b***h please, I had an Ironman lunchbox in 3rd grade (1993).

Much of the credit for Iron Man's popularity now has to go to Robert Downey Jr. I would hate to be the one to take over the role after Downey calls it quits, as those will be big shoes to fill.

It seems everywhere on the web people really dig this look. However, I think it is hideous. I was never a fan of Avengers but even without it's theme red and yellow don't go along like black and green/orange. On a smartphone it's especially ugly.

I don't know if I like it, I don't hate it... but I .... no I do I hate it. Gold is a color for women only. Its an awful color. And it may be Iron Man colors, but the Marvel films are just awful, with no substance, plot, hardly entertaining and just a huge load of special effects.

Which makes me think the s6 just has a load of fancy look at me gimmicks and no substance under its hood.
A mediocre powered machine full of bloatware then, to bring it to a stand still.

Pass

I don't know if I like it, I don't hate it... but I .... no I do I hate it. Gold is a color for women only. Its an awful color. And it may be Iron Man colors, but the Marvel films are just awful, with no substance, plot, hardly entertaining and just a huge load of special effects.

Which makes me think the s6 just has a load of fancy look at me gimmicks and no substance under its hood.
A mediocre powered machine full of bloatware then, to bring it to a stand still.

Pass
Marvel movies are not that bad. I rate AoU 6/10 For S6, you are right. Specially it is the Edge version, which mean extra money for useless gimmicks

Samsung has teamed up with Marvel to promote The Avengers: Age of Ultron, releasing an Iron Man Limited Edition variant of the company's popular Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone in a striking red and gold color scheme.

This Galaxy S6 Edge's surprisingly attractive Iron Man color scheme, complete with an Iron Man graphic on the rear of the phone, is complemented by a themed version of Samsung's TouchWiz UI. Throughout the skin you'll find various Iron Man images, alongside custom fonts and icons.

Inside the box, Samsung is including a matching wireless charger that's designed to look like Tony Stark's ARC reactor. To protect the limited edition 64 GB handset, Samsung is also bundling in a clear cover.

At this stage, the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Limited Edition is only slated to launch in Korea (on May 27), and China and Hong Kong (in June). It's not clear how much the device will cost, but expect it to command a premium over the regular Galaxy S6 Edge, which currently costs around US$800.

Permalink to story.

Samsung really had a great way to make people happy! S6 is a trend that people can't disagree. It has this wonderful feature which makes us love it the first time we see it. A wonderful time for it to evolve!

Back