Samsung reportedly preparing to release giant 18.4-inch tablet

Scorpus

Staff member

It was only last month that Samsung announced their new range of premium tablets, the Galaxy Tab S2 line, but according to the usually-reliable SamMobile, Samsung are gearing up to release a new tablet in the coming months.

The most interesting aspect of this new tablet, allegedly known as the SM-T670, is its massive 18.4-inch display. This particular LCD only features a resolution of 1920 x 1080, but it's undoubtedly supposed to be viewed at a fair distance from your eyes considering its size.

This massive tablet will reportedly be powered by an octa-core Samsung Exynos 7580 SoC with at least one of its CPU clusters clocked at 1.6 GHz. There's also 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage inside, as well as a 5,700 mAh battery. As for cameras, there's an 8-megapixel unit on the back, and 2-megapixels on the front.

There's no word on what this tablet will look like, aside from some dimensions. Due to the 18.4-inch display, the device is nearly half a meter wide (451.8mm), as well as 275.8mm tall and 11.9mm thick. You'd imagine this sort of device would feature a kickstand to assist with usability.

It's unclear when Samsung will release this large tablet or for how much, but it will certainly be an interesting device if it ever hits the market.

Permalink to story.

As for cameras, there's an 8-megapixel unit on the back, and 2-megapixels on the front.

Why do they bother putting cameras on tablets? At 45cmX28cm it's too unweildly to practically take pictures with. And in this day and age, cameras on devices such as this are a security concern.

But really, what this comes down to for me is that people look ridiculous taking pictures with their tablets

As for cameras, there's an 8-megapixel unit on the back, and 2-megapixels on the front.

Why do they bother putting cameras on tablets? At 45cmX28cm it's too unweildly to practically take pictures with. And in this day and age, cameras on devices such as this are a security concern.

But really, what this comes down to for me is that people look ridiculous taking pictures with their tablets
The only place I'd use a tablet is while sitting on the loo. Having said that, I do have a tablet but I never use it.

The only place I'd use a tablet is while sitting on the loo. Having said that, I do have a tablet but I never use it.
I'm on the loo right now, but I'm using my phone.

Keep that in mind everyone! People almost always use their phones to pass time when they go toilet. Remember that next time you have to use someone else's phone

Better have a power source close to your seat. :)

For the rear camera I agree.. it's not too useful, but the front is used for Skype, and don't forget selfies!

If it has slot for more space, changeable battery and decent price would almost be interested. Would have liked more if it was at least 1440p. For that size machine they can use bigger parts so maybe it's cheap then.

I'm on the loo right now, but I'm using my phone.

Keep that in mind everyone! People almost always use their phones to pass time when they go toilet. Remember that next time you have to use someone else's phone

You're missing out!!! Check this out!
https://www.techspot.com/news/61846-there-now-instant-messaging-app-use-bathroom-called.html

Honestly I don't think I'd buy this tablet, or any other tablet for that matter. if I am at home I will be on my beauty of a desktop. if I were away I would prefer carrying a laptop around and throwing bluestacks on it for my android needs. which is basically clash of clans and thats it :p. I can text someone with my phone if I need to do so, or call them. tablets are tacky to me and sort of "hipster" ish in my view. it's like the kid at school who pulled his magic deck out when pokemon was the main focus.

Any guesses as to the speaker placement? Will they be tossed uselessly to the sides or back? Or will Sammy finally put them in the front, directing sound towards our ears?

Any guesses as to the speaker placement? Will they be tossed uselessly to the sides or back? Or will Sammy finally put them in the front, directing sound towards our ears?
When a tablet gets that big, it's sort of like the boomboxes of old. You're not actually supposed to listen to it yourself, just annoy the living crap out of anybody within a 2 block radius...:D

I might be giving them a tip considering how many people are into that kind of thing
Every enticement comes with a warning attached. You know, like they say, "your eyes say no, but the moon on your cell phone says yes"....

Back