Samsung's massive The Wall TV is now available in a 292-inch, 8K luxury version

midian182

Staff member
Why it matters: If you’re looking for 292-inch, 8K, HDR television and happen to have won the lottery, Samsung has you covered. The Korean firm has unveiled The Wall Luxury, the latest version of its modular MicroLED screen that can be customized to a variety of sizes.

Samsung first introduced the 146-inch Wall TV at CES 2018. At this year’s event, the company said technical advancements in the ultra-fine pitch semiconductor packaging process had allowed it to make a 75-inch version. It also showed off a 219-inch variant of the TV.

Now, Samsung has announced a new version of The Wall: the aptly named The Wall Luxury. It can be configured from a home-friendly 73-inches in 2K resolution right up to 292 inches in 8K, which would cover the entirety of a large living room wall.

It’s not just massive sizes and resolutions on offer. The Wall Luxury comes with AI upscaling, a 120Hz refresh rate, and Quantum HDR technology for a peak brightness of 2,000 nits, making it a mouth-watering product for watching movies, sporting events, and playing games.

Other enticing specs include a depth of less than 30mm, a bezel-free infinity design, and customizable décor frames that allow it to blend into its surroundings. It also comes with Samsung’s ambient mode, which allows the TV to display images such as art, photos, and paintings while it’s not in use. Given the Wall Luxury's size, this should be a particularly useful feature.

The Wall Luxury will be available worldwide in July. No word on price, but with the company’s 98-inch, 8K-capable Q900 costing $100,000, expect this 292-inch TV to be an absolute fortune.

Permalink to story.

These advances serve as a reminder of the old Ray Bradbury short story about "viewing rooms". The question now is when they will be so interactive you can accomplish an equal task as did the children in that story ........ I have a couple of neighbors I'd like to introduce to it ...... :)

Have a look at those pictures. A stalk wall with zero furniture in the first and a sunken floor in the second so the existing furniture doesn't get in the visual path.

In a real house this would never work but then in a real house which can afford this, you would just build a new room to put this in. Which defeats the purpose of putting this in a living space.

Gosh! I now have to buy a new house with a large living room wall!
Yeah, it will only require a 21 foot wide wall space and 12.5 feet of height. I sure an architect and luxury home builder would be more than happy to build you that new house in Aspen. LOL!!!

My idea for one of these huge screens is to live in a scenic place like Sedona Arizona or a cliff in Hawaii overlooking the ocean and have several 6k or 8k cameras mounted on the roof to pipe in live views of scenic surroundings whenever I chose...

Over a decade ago, NEC had a Gas plasma 63" TV for $17,000.

I thought to myself... "How will they ever top that???"

I wanted it so bad.

Now:

I can walk into Walmart and walk out with a 70" 4K TV for less than $800 and not even pay TAX cause I have a tax exempt card.

I don't need a TV the size of the wall...but I would appreciate a 100" to replace my 80" 4K Vizio.

My idea for one of these huge screens is to live in a scenic place like Sedona Arizona or a cliff in Hawaii overlooking the ocean and have several 6k or 8k cameras mounted on the roof to pipe in live views of scenic surroundings whenever I chose...

Or..... you can sit on the balcony, enjoy the view and save a bundle....;)

When you rage after getting owned in online console game and throw the controller at the screen... priceless.
For the replacement.... there's Mastercard.

I got a 65 incher at my wife home that I barely use... I play on a 24 inch monitor... With 100.000 dollars, I would have quite a nice travel. An 100" TV would suffice on my cinema room.

Back