1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung's massive The Wall TV is now available in a 292-inch, 8K luxury version

By midian182 · 22 replies
Jun 13, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung first introduced the 146-inch Wall TV at CES 2018. At this year’s event, the company said technical advancements in the ultra-fine pitch semiconductor packaging process had allowed it to make a 75-inch version. It also showed off a 219-inch variant of the TV.

Now, Samsung has announced a new version of The Wall: the aptly named The Wall Luxury. It can be configured from a home-friendly 73-inches in 2K resolution right up to 292 inches in 8K, which would cover the entirety of a large living room wall.

It’s not just massive sizes and resolutions on offer. The Wall Luxury comes with AI upscaling, a 120Hz refresh rate, and Quantum HDR technology for a peak brightness of 2,000 nits, making it a mouth-watering product for watching movies, sporting events, and playing games.

Other enticing specs include a depth of less than 30mm, a bezel-free infinity design, and customizable décor frames that allow it to blend into its surroundings. It also comes with Samsung’s ambient mode, which allows the TV to display images such as art, photos, and paintings while it’s not in use. Given the Wall Luxury's size, this should be a particularly useful feature.

The Wall Luxury will be available worldwide in July. No word on price, but with the company’s 98-inch, 8K-capable Q900 costing $100,000, expect this 292-inch TV to be an absolute fortune.

Permalink to story.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2019
  2. amstech

amstech IT Overlord Posts: 2,238   +1,438

I was going to get an 82" but am settling with a 75".
    You can get a nice 82" for around $2500.

wiyosaya likes this.
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,281   +527

If I were truly wealthy I would probably get this TV. It should last for many years without giving way to the desire for an upgrade.

treetops and Footlong like this.
  4. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 5,390   +3,779

These advances serve as a reminder of the old Ray Bradbury short story about "viewing rooms". The question now is when they will be so interactive you can accomplish an equal task as did the children in that story ........ I have a couple of neighbors I'd like to introduce to it ...... :)

TempleOrion likes this.
  5. netman

netman TS Addict Posts: 322   +101

Gosh! I now have to buy a new house with a large living room wall!

6. yRaz

yRaz Nigerian Prince Posts: 2,891   +2,218

Just put one on your yaght.

TempleOrion, Raytrace3D and wiyosaya like this.
  7. Hardware Geek

Hardware Geek TS Booster Posts: 88   +69

This is one of those "if you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it" products.

Dimitrios likes this.
  8. gigantor21

gigantor21 TS Maniac Posts: 172   +233

Not calling it "The Luxury Wall" seems like a huge wasted opportunity...

9. ShagnWagn

ShagnWagn TS Guru Posts: 731   +561

Finally, a screen size that will actually benefit us visibly for 8K resolution!!

wiyosaya likes this.
  10. Lew Zealand

Lew Zealand TS Guru Posts: 673   +571

Have a look at those pictures. A stalk wall with zero furniture in the first and a sunken floor in the second so the existing furniture doesn't get in the visual path.

In a real house this would never work but then in a real house which can afford this, you would just build a new room to put this in. Which defeats the purpose of putting this in a living space.

11. Roush60

Roush60 TS Rookie Posts: 23   +13

Yeah, it will only require a 21 foot wide wall space and 12.5 feet of height. I sure an architect and luxury home builder would be more than happy to build you that new house in Aspen. LOL!!!

12. gc757

gc757 TS Member

My idea for one of these huge screens is to live in a scenic place like Sedona Arizona or a cliff in Hawaii overlooking the ocean and have several 6k or 8k cameras mounted on the roof to pipe in live views of scenic surroundings whenever I chose...

PEnnn and wiyosaya like this.
  13. That Dude There

That Dude There TS Booster Posts: 133   +35

I want 4 of them for a wall to wall surround tv room. :p

14. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TS Evangelist Posts: 3,993   +2,290

2000 nits would be awesome but for the price. :(

15. Dimitrios

Dimitrios TS Guru Posts: 467   +350

Do they take " FUN COUPONS?" Hope someone gets my joke.

16. yRaz

yRaz Nigerian Prince Posts: 2,891   +2,218

Just think, you'd never have to eat or sh*t again!

17. QuantumPhysics

QuantumPhysics TS Evangelist Posts: 1,240   +901

But who is gonna pay for the wall???

TempleOrion likes this.
  18. Lounds

Lounds TS Addict Posts: 196   +123

This makes me think of total recall.

19. QuantumPhysics

QuantumPhysics TS Evangelist Posts: 1,240   +901

Over a decade ago, NEC had a Gas plasma 63" TV for $17,000.

I thought to myself... "How will they ever top that???"

I wanted it so bad.

Now:

I can walk into Walmart and walk out with a 70" 4K TV for less than $800 and not even pay TAX cause I have a tax exempt card.

I don't need a TV the size of the wall...but I would appreciate a 100" to replace my 80" 4K Vizio.

20. PEnnn

PEnnn TS Enthusiast Posts: 85   +83

Or..... you can sit on the balcony, enjoy the view and save a bundle....;)

TempleOrion likes this.
  21. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,696   +427

When you rage after getting owned in online console game and throw the controller at the screen... priceless.
    For the replacement.... there's Mastercard.

TempleOrion likes this.
  22. lexster

lexster TS Maniac Posts: 466   +233

LOL@Samsung
    So what, your gonna charge $250,000 for one of these monstrosities? But hey, if there's a market for it..

23. erickmendes

erickmendes TS Evangelist Posts: 572   +247

I got a 65 incher at my wife home that I barely use... I play on a 24 inch monitor... With 100.000 dollars, I would have quite a nice travel. An 100" TV would suffice on my cinema room.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...