Sapphire HD 7950 showing 1GB instead of 3GB?

MrBlkfx1

Hey guys,
I just recently noticed my graphic cards seem to running or at least reporting 1GB vram instead of 3GB. Do you think they are defective? Take a look at these results. It's showing a total of 2GB vram for my cards after running Firestrike.
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/148413

Also, CPU-z is reporting 1GB as well as other benchmarking applications.
I attached a SS of my cpu report. Sorry about how crappy it is.

Anyone know what this could mean? Is it a glitch?

Attachments

• SS.png
    SS.png
    359.6 KB · Views: 19
Have you tried flipping the bios switch on your cards?
Yup, it was one of the first things I tried. I went ahead and benched each card separately using a different PCIE slot each time. During the single card tests, Unigine 4.0 / 3DMark 11 showed the correct values. However, when I checked CPU-Z is still showed the wrong amount of V-RAM. I've came to the conclusion that it is a crossfire glitch in 3DMark and a overall GPU glitch in CPU-Z. Maybe future CPU-Z updates will fix this issue.

Also, just to note, I should have simply checked GPU-Z / CCC system info. Both show correct values with W/ and W/O crossfire enabled.

Hey guys,
I just recently noticed my graphic cards seem to running or at least reporting 1GB vram instead of 3GB. Do you think they are defective? Take a look at these results. It's showing a total of 2GB vram for my cards after running Firestrike.
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/148413

Also, CPU-z is reporting 1GB as well as other benchmarking applications.
I attached a SS of my cpu report. Sorry about how crappy it is.

Anyone know what this could mean? Is it a glitch?
Sorry for getting off topic but your desktop is awesome. On topic: I asked my friend who had that card and he also reported 1GB. It is a glitch. They issue fixes often so it will hopefully be fixed soon.

Update: Yesterday, while I was updating a couple other programs. I went ahead and updated to the latest version of CPU-Z. To my surprise, it now shows the correct VRAM values for my cards. So, I guess it was just a glitch in the software after all. However, that still doesn't explain why recently released 3DMark shows 2GB for crossfire cards instead of 3GB.

YUP! Now, hopefully with Beta 6 released for latest AMD drivers maybe I'll get the correct readings in 3DMark and 3DMark 11

Back