Say goodbye to 2020 with this mockumentary from Black Mirror creators

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member
In a nutshell: If you are looking for a humorous way to usher out what was a cluster-you-know-what of a year, Netflix's "Death to 2020" premieres this Sunday. The show takes a satirical look at the past year. The fake documentary is an irreverent middle finger to everything that made this year the pits.

The makers of Black Mirror, the television show turned "Netflix Original," have produced a mockumentary titled "Death to 2020." The film's creators, Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones, poke fun at the year that most of us would prefer to put behind us and forget. Death to 2020 debuts on December 27 as a funny end to a terrible year.

As Leslie Jones so eloquently sums it up, "I'd say it was a train wreck and a sh** show, but that would be unfair to trains and sh**." I don't think anyone would argue with that.

The trailer reveals a star-studded cast featuring Samual L Jackson, Hugh Grant, Lisa Kudrow, Tracy Ullman, Leslie Jones, Cristin Milioti, and others playing "experts, politicos, monarchs, and average citizens." Narrated by Laurence Fishburne, the show spins events from 2020 in a highly satirical fashion to make us laugh at things that made us want to cry.

Permalink to story.

Because when your team wins the super bowl, they did not ever cheat, lol.
Well, I think when making such claims you also have to prove it. So far, we can only prove that Trump is using the money (over 200mil... oh god the stupidity) he got from "donations" to pay his debts instead of using it for the court cases :)

This is a funny quote I found in a Bloomberg opinion article:
"Anybody contributing to Trump’s “Election Defense” should remember he’s never put his own money on the table when he’s found suckers willing to take the risk instead."- Timothy L. O'Brien

I find it particularly sad and disgusting to see Mike Flynn acting like a Communist Sympathizer rather than a retired senior officer. Hopefully the Defence Secretary will recall him to active duty and subject him to a Courts Martial for betrayal of his oath and promoting insurrection. For those that don't know it, senior officers can be recalled to active duty at any time up to around age 85. A Court Marshal could reduce him in rank of PFC and take away ALL pay and benefits plus sentence him to a lengthy stretch as an inmate at the Leavenworth Correctional Facility.

This year I got leaner, put on some more muscle in spite of everyone getting fat in lockdowns, so I guess that's a plus.

Well, I think when making such claims you also have to prove it. So far, we can only prove that Trump is using the money (over 200mil... oh god the stupidity) he got from "donations" to pay his debts instead of using it for the court cases :)

This is a funny quote I found in a Bloomberg opinion article:
"Anybody contributing to Trump’s “Election Defense” should remember he’s never put his own money on the table when he’s found suckers willing to take the risk instead."- Timothy L. O'Brien

I was talking about what you said my good friend of internet land :)

So far, we can only prove that Trump is using the money [he] got from "donations" to pay his debts instead of using it for the court cases
Why do you spread disinformation? All donations to the Trump campaign fund are used for the campaign's debts -- legal debts from new court challenges, or pre-existing debts already incurred by the campaign. This is fully disclosed, standard for all election-fund contributions, and none of the funds are being used to pay Trump's personal debts.

Also, I'm not sure why you found it snarky to quote the word donations. Do you believe they're something else, or are simply unaware of the word's definition?

Last edited:
there's nothing "funny" concerning the insane killin' president...
I wonder what you think of the leaders of Belgium, Spain, the UK, Peru, Italy -- all nations with higher per-capita deaths than the US. Killing machines as well? Or what you think of Obama, who had nearly half a million people die of the flu and pneumonia under his watch, and who ordered the CDC to halt all testing during the middle of the H1N1 pandemic. Insane also?

I wonder what you think of the leaders of Belgium, Spain, the UK, Peru, Italy -- all nations with higher per-capita deaths than the US. Killing machines as well?

Do they fit the bill, nevermind - in 2020 I don't care and didn't vote for any of them. My concerns are territorial and are needfully confined to the interior of the USA

YMMV

Or what you think of Obama, who had nearly half a million people die of the flu and pneumonia under his watch, and who ordered the CDC to halt all testing during the middle of the H1N1 pandemic. Insane also?

Dragging this out for a combative discussion may be.

The United States mounted a complex, multi-faceted and long-term response to the pandemic, summarized in The 2009 H1N1 Pandemic: Summary Highlights, April 2009-April 2010. On August 10, 2010, WHO declared an end to the global 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic. However, (H1N1)pdm09 virus continues to circulate as a seasonal flu virus, and cause illness, hospitalization, and deaths worldwide every year.

Black mirror was one of the shows I signed up for Netflix, Cuties is one of those I will stop subscribing by the end of December...

Back