Scanning and Vista questions? Please Advise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay

I purchased a Dell 1720 with Home Premium. Since January I have tried to install the Dell AIO Photo Printer 964,,,can only print when connected to computer, not scan or fax...works fine alone! Yes, I used the updated drivers, from Dell for Vista,,will not install correctly. Long story short, 4 days on with dell support, total of 22 hours of them doing exactly what I did,,,and they have concluded that these vista drivers won't work with Vista home premium. They further said, I have a 50/50 shot of the AIO working if I upgrade to Ultimate version. I asked if I bought a new scanner would it work on this version, and they said no, I still have to upgrade to Ultimate.

Can anyone tell me if this is true? I don't want to outlay the money to upgrade to Ultimate, if I can just buy a scanner out there that will work with Vista home premium. I am looking to purchase the Canon CanoScan LiDe90. Or , if you know this one doesn't work, which one in this price range would? Any advice would be much appreciated. I am one frustrated person!Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back