SCO offers $250,000 bounty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
The controversial SCO Group has offered $250,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or group responsible for creating the MyDoom virus.

The company also said Tuesday that it is working with U.S. Secret Service and FBI to identify the author of the virus. Also known as Novarg and Mimail.R, MyDoom spread quickly across the Internet Monday, traveling as an e-mail attachment and infecting PCs whose users opened the file. The program instructs infected PCs to send data to SCO's Web server from Feb. 1 to Feb. 12, essentially flooding the Web site and making it inaccessible.

Read more: CNet News.

Man, they must want this guy pretty bad. While I admire his resolve in making his "bad" feelings known, I don't agree with the method. Takes too many people down. :(

Hmm, perhaps I should install that virus on my PC's and participate... ;-) /JK

BTW; someone already broke out the champagne and started a DDOS attack, check www.netcraft.com

Originally posted by Per Hansson
Hmm, perhaps I should install that virus on my PC's and participate... ;-) /JK

I was thinking the same thing, heh

on a related not, I read recently that SCO is about to start suing companies that use and support Linux, starting with Google, and individual users will be next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back