ooolKaLi

Hi everyone

Im hoping that someone could give me some assistance
or at least a push in the right direction to get my computer fixed

I think that Ive really messed it up, but Im not sure how

I run a Pentium 4 HP
with Windows XP

It a little while ago with programs taking a little longer to load than normal
but I thought it was because I had not done any housekeeping on it for a while, school work and assignments and all of that

So I did the clean out
and updated files.. including an update of Intel Extreme Graphics

That seemed to cause unlimited problems so with some help i managed to roll it back, but now its make the icons on my screen go really big and the colours are all messed up and faded

My computer is now restarting on average every 15 minutes
and Im still having a heck of a time opening programmes

I am desperate, I just dont know what else to do

Cheers

-=Kali=-

Please post a HijackThis log as an attachment into this thread (instructions here). Then we can see if it's a virus or spyware causing the problem.

Regards :)

It sounds like it has been rolled back too far. More than likely the desktop icons are really big and porrly coloured because the graphics drivers are missing. the best option is to reinstall the previous version of drivers that you know worked.

Thankyou for getting back to me so quickly

I did a hijack yesterday, and havnt touched the computer since then
except watch it crash up and down
so ive attached that one

-=Kali=-

Thankyou Kilobyte

I hadnt thought of that

As soon as I get the computer to a point where it is *working* again I will work on the drivers

-=KaLi=-

Howard or Momok are gonna say this anyway:

"Your system is infected with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65943.html and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, post the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan."

Thankyou for all Your help

please find all the reports.. it will take two posts tho

-=KaLi=-

And the final two reports

I really really really really appreicate the help that im being given

-=KaLi=-

Oh
I forgot to say in the last post.. that ive only attached reports which found something..

I really am not blond

All your logs look good, except perhaps your HijackThis log.

I didn't want to open the HJT log because it's a .doc file, which can harbor viruses if your computer is infected.

Please post it as a text file (.txt, from Notepad).

I kind of doubt the issues with your display are caused by malware, though. Have you tried Windows Update to see if it can find any better driver for your graphics?

What happens if you go into the device manager (Start>run>devmgmt.msc), go into your graphics properties, and click Update Driver?

Regards :)

Sorry about the Hijack Log

have reposted it as a txt document

Am going to try the Windows update for the driver now

-=KaLi=-

Hi,

May I recommend the following as final steps for the cleaning process on your system.

Delete all files in the AVG Antispyware Quarantine folder.

Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

After that turn system restore back on.
This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
May I recommend you to read this article.
This can help to prevent future infections.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of -=KaLi=- only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thankyou for Your help

am going to do this now

i just noticed that on my last post it doesnt show the hijack log as being reposted.. ive tried to.. but it wont let me it says its been reposted already.. so im not sure..

no matter what i do, even resaving the log under a different name
It still wont allow me to post the hijack log as a text document or or attach it... what should I do?

Hi,

Try going to your user profile > Manage attachments and see if it is there. If it is, remove the attachment and upload the log again.

Alternatively, post your log in your next reply.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of -=Kali=- only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

There is stuff that should be removed there I think but that is in the Howard or momok domain.

I do note that you have several incidents of AVG that run at boot at the same time and these will certainly use a lot of processor capability and create heat.

Thankyou all so much for your time and help
it has been so encouraging

i can see improvements already with the computer
its so good, i was very concerned taht i was going to blow it up

-=KaLi=-

Hi,

Have HijackThis fix these:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0A87E45F-537A-40B4-B812-E2544C21A09F} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {DBA230D1-8467-4e69-987E-5FAE815A3B45} -

Apart from that, your log is clean.
You can continue with the final steps of cleaning I recommended earlier.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of -=KaLi=- only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thankyou for your help

doing that now

Earlier someone mentioned about having dual avg programmes running at run up which would cause problems

How do i stop them from running at start up please?

Hi,

Both AVG software are reputable, and do not take up that much of your system resources. If you are worried about the speed of your system, I would suggest that you look here on how to speed up your system and here to remove unneeded services from running.

I looked at your log again and realised you are not running a firewall. It would be wise to install one (and only just one). I suggest the following:

Zone Alarm
Kerio
Comodo

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of -=Kali=- only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thankyou so much for your help

ive removed the items found in Hijack
ive also done the final cleaning
and also followed the instructions about speeding up the computer

I do run a firewall.. its filescab
i tried comodo but it caused a great deal of problems for me

The problems i had with the video driver.. i discovered that Intel no longer provides any kind of support for this driver as its discontinued

so im guessing my only alternative at this point is to get another video card

silly thing is.. it was working perfectly before the extreme graphics update about a week ago

Please have a great day

-=KaLi=-

I think drivers should be available online.

Please download CPU-Z from here. Click on the About tab. Click the Registers dump (.txt) button. Save it to wherever you wish, then attach it here. Then we can see what motherboard you have in order to find a driver.

Have a great day!

Thankyou so much

I just dont know what else to say

The computer is working perfectly
I so appreicate all the help that everyone here has given to me

I dont know what I would of done, if I had not received the help from here

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend

Again, thankyou so very much for all the help

best regards

-=KaLi=-

Oh god

Youre all going to pull your hair out

I started the computer up
and i got a message saying
that Windows had encountered a serious error

about 10 lines of text and a whole bunch of numbers

i tried copying the numbers but it wont let me

there is jsut far too many numbers and text for me to try copy before the message disappears

I think Im going to paly catch aand toss with this ocmputer *grins*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back