SD Memory Card Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
SD Memory Card Formatting

I made a big goof on this one. I tried to delete about 100mb of files off my 8gb Transcend SD Memory Card. For some reason, it got stuck and after a few minutes I just pulled it out. I tried to put it back in, and my computer got all locked up. It didn't take me long to realize that I had corrupted the device by not "safely removing it".

Is there any way to save the device? I don't need the data at all as I had copied it over a week ago. I would like to salvage the device if possible to avoid having to buy a new one.

I tried the SDFormatter V2.0.0.3, but it just locks up when I insert the card reader.

Any other suggestions, or do I just need to get a new card?

Also, I should mention that I use it for a Panasonic Lumix camera.

weatherman90 said:
I made a big goof on this one. I tried to delete about 100mb of files off my 8gb Transcend SD Memory Card. For some reason, it got stuck and after a few minutes I just pulled it out. I tried to put it back in, and my computer got all locked up. It didn't take me long to realize that I had corrupted the device by not "safely removing it".

Is there any way to save the device? I don't need the data at all as I had copied it over a week ago. I would like to salvage the device if possible to avoid having to buy a new one.

I tried the SDFormatter V2.0.0.3, but it just locks up when I insert the card reader.

Any other suggestions, or do I just need to get a new card?

Also, I should mention that I use it for a Panasonic Lumix camera.

Go to transcend web site and they have recovery tools and formatters for they SDHC or none conformance stuff. Is your SD 8GB a true SDHC or not?

tipstir said:
Go to transcend web site and they have recovery tools and formatters for they SDHC or none conformance stuff. Is your SD 8GB a true SDHC or not?

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking on their website now and can't seem to find anything but I will keep searching. It is a true SDHC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back