Second Monitor keeps blacking out

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindObject

So, I just found this old LCD screen I haven't used since I got this CRT I obsessed over. So I decided to hook it up to my PNY 9600GT so I can use both my CRT and LCD at the same time, at first, it worked nicely and it was fun. But then after maybe an hour or two, the second monitor keeps blacking out, but the power button on the second monitor still says it's on, as in, not on standby (yellow). Ive made sure I have the latest drivers, and I've been tweaking with Refresh Rate and interestingly after every time I change the settings, the image comes back on for two or three seconds and blacks out again.

The primary monitor never has a problem as I'm doing all this.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

So your primary screen is the CRT and the old LCD screen is the second monitor with the blanking problem?

Precisely. It's working as of now, I fiddled with my power outlets a bit and I think it was getting enough power. I just hope it stays this way.

That's good... the prices of LCD montors have dropped so when you have a chance, you can pick up a couple of newer LCD monitors that use much less power than your CRT and the older LCD. Good luck :grinthumb

Hmmm, I saw some CRTs on the net for $60 new, they supported 2560x1600 and were 21inch. I'm not too sure if I would wanna swap that for a cheapo 17" bargain bucket LCD that costs $150!

I think those CRT monitors are a good buy... They take up so much desktop space that I sold mine off and got a Samsung 245bw LCD monitor for my desk, and a cheap 15 inch LCD for my work bench

i think that you first of all check the compatibility on everything the maybe try fixing with the power cable and check for some broken cables or maybe just easily buy a new monitor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back