Security camera and Linux?

ragne2

ME and my dad were planning to go to south Africa but he wants to make sure that te house is under surveillance of security camera's.. what my dad has done, is that he has made a pc that has Linux installed onto it, what we want to do is make it so while we are in south Africa we can view exactly what is happening over in Australia (with the security camera).

Is it possible to make it so the computer in Australia that is recoding everything that's happening in Australia with the security cameras and sending it to a computer in south Africa so we can watch who is coming onto our property. and it must be LINUX COMPATIBLE, the software of whatever

You could set up apache on that linux machine and have it behave as your webserver as well - then you could have the output of the camera go to your www space on the local machine and simply access it via the IP address or web address if it's registered. Keep in mind that you'll be sending out the live stream over that connection so choose wisely (for bandwidth purposes) when you do.

Back