Seeking Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Hows it going? I've been getting various BSODs and its driving me insane. I've been getting that IRQ not less or equal and others. At first I thought it was my memory so I went ahead and did a memtest and it didnt have any errors. I still went ahead and bought a 1 gig mem. Next I perform a hard disk check for errors and it still didnt resolve anything, I then put a new hard drive that I had laying around. Still getting BSODs.

I attached some Minidumps from the past few days. I dont have 120 alcohol or daemon tools install. I reinstall windows a milli times, even uprgraded to vista once and still. Im back on Windows XP pro.

Heres my summary report from Everest, just in case its needed

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
Report Type Quick Report
Computer MICROSOF-5EC07A
Generator Lizbeth
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2008-10-21
Time 12:20

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name MICROSOF-5EC07A
User Name Lizbeth

Motherboard:
CPU Type Mobile Intel Pentium 4 538, 3200 MHz (24 x 133)
Motherboard Name TOSHIBA Satellite A75
Motherboard Chipset ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP
System Memory 1152 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (11/16/04)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 IGP (128 MB)
Video Adapter ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 IGP (128 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Mobility Radeon 9000/9100 IGP (RS300M)
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB]

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter ATI SB200 - AC'97 Audio Controller

Storage:
IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
Disk Drive FUJITSU MHT2040AH (40 GB, 5400 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4244N (DVD:8x, CD:24x/24x/24x DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 38146 MB (33539 MB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Network:
Network Adapter Atheros AR5005GS Wireless Network Adapter (192.168.1.100)
Network Adapter Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC
Modem TOSHIBA Software Modem

Peripherals:
Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer
USB1 Controller ATI SB200 - USB Controller
USB1 Controller ATI SB200 - USB Controller
USB2 Controller ATI SB200 - USB 2.0 Controller
Battery Microsoft AC Adapter
Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Attachments

• Mini102008-04.zip
    101.2 KB · Views: 14
I cannot open your zip file but I have some questions:

Are these BSODs you are getting continual/cyclical going around and around and around or can you use the system for some period of time and then it crashes?

I fixed a computer with a virus on it that was simulating BSOD and cyclical reboots but when we pressed the ESC button it would stop. After a short period of inactivity the BSOD and "reboots" would resume. The error messages in the blue screen of death were often none I had ever seen either.

Can you get the system into safe mode and run malware scans?

Tracy

im pretty sure its not malware on my computer, ive constantly do virus scans on my comp, even on safe mode. Now i get the BSOD randomly, like sometimes right after I boot my computer up, or sometimes when i just leave the comp alone and do nothing it comes up. Just weird.

P.S. Is there a problem with my zip? is it corrupt or something?

Yes, I download and save the zip and it tells me it doesn't appear to be a valid archive file. I am using Windows XP Pro system to save and unzip on. Can you rezip and repost so I can take a look at it? thanks
Tracy

Still can't read the zip. Same result as before. Not sure what the issue is and I am using different computer and different OS now with same result. Can you give me a list of the more frequent BSOD messages you are getting? Just the ones like IRQ_NT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO I don't need the number codes yet.

Hmmm thats so weird, I can open up the zip fine from my comp...

anyways I just finished getting about 10 more BSODS in the past few hours. 1 of them included win32k.sys and another with page_fault_in_non paged_area or something like that...

maybe you'll have better luck with these minidumps..

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    144.2 KB · Views: 6
Inside the Minidumps:

Please note: 1st Minidump was corrupted, could not open

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8059407e, f7cea9dc, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe
PROCESS_NAME: smss.exe

BugCheck 1000000A, {40000000, 2, 1, 80703a2a}
Probably caused by : epfwtdi.sys
PROCESS_NAME: ekrn.exe

BugCheck 1000000A, {0, 2, 1, 804fa76d}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
PROCESS_NAME: System

BugCheck 100000D1, {c7c456c4, 2, 1, ba8e8ed6}
Probably caused by : CLASSPNP.SYS
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

BugCheck 100000D1, {c78e8b5c, 2, 1, ba8e8ed6}
Probably caused by : CLASSPNP.SY
PROCESS_NAME: Idle

Please update all your Manufacture drivers
Also complete all Windows Service Pack (security) updates

If you have an opportunity and havent done it, back up your hard drive (your critical files/anything you don't want to lose).

Page_Fault_in_Non_Paged_Area - This is caused when a hardware driver or system service requested data that was not in memory. The cause may be a defective physical memory or incompatible software, especially remote control and antivirus programs.....

Can you tell me what stop error was associated with win32k.sys if any?

The reason I suggest backing up your data at this point is that it seems like your errors are becoming more frequent. Again I also suggest booting into safe mode and running the 8 step malware removal process here on the forums. I know you said you are running scans and your system is clean but what programs are you using for proteciton. Write back and i will respond in the morning. I am at the gym at 5am.

Tracy

And what Kim said! Wouldn't hurt to open your case and make sure everything is seated properly as well.

Night all.

Tracy

ok thanks for the advice from both of ya, i'll be trying that out. Im running eset smart security nod32.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back