selling personal items

oxeyereed

I recently ran into trouble on the hot deals forum.

"The NO-NO list:
- You can not use use referral programs when linking to any deals.
- No illegal links.
- No linking to pay-to-surf or pay-for-referral sites.
- No ads! Dealers can not post their own stuff."

It says dealers can not post their own stuff. Sale of a personal item is not included in this no-no list.

If personal item sales are in fact resticted it should be clarified in the sticky.

Is there any forum in which i can post a for sale item?

-Sean

Hi Sean.

This has been discussed several times. See HERE and related links.

At the moment we don`t have anywhere where you can sell stuff.

Ultimately it`s upto Julio to decide if the pro`s would outweigh the con`s of doing this.

Regards Howard :)

Description for the Hot Deals forum: "Share with fellow members awesome deals you have found around the net."

Perhaps a bit ambiguous for some, the Hot Deals section is not a Sell/Buy/Trade board for personal items, but discounts and deals from retailers. Similar to our Deals section but with the difference members are encouraged to post anything else they can find:
https://www.techspot.com/deals.html

As a side note, I'm considering again the idea of such a forum (Sell/Buy/Trade) after so many requests from members. I guess it could end up being yet another useful resource, and as long as rules and responsabilities are clearly specified beforehand.

Julio said:
As a side note, I'm considering again the idea of such a forum (Sell/Buy/Trade) after so many requests from members. I guess it could end up being yet another useful resource, and as long as rules and responsabilities are clearly specified beforehand.

I think that would be a great way to get used parts that are hard to find from larges retailers like newegg.

Back