Semi new computer build how to do a clean install of Windows 10?

ingeborgdot

I had a computer that was AMD and needed the i7 for certain reasons so I had to switch to intel for certain requirements and could not stick with AMD any longer. I put in a new intel based motherboard, an i7 CPU, and new memory. Nothing else is new. The HDD already had Windows 7 Pro full version installed on it and then went to W10 when they had the free switch over.

Well, I had heard that Windows 10 is pretty good about being able to just switch over to the new board and such when you do what I am trying this but I am having problems. It would restart after a little time but I can't get the new board DVD software drivers to install and have since realized that the platform difference is just too much for W10 to make it work properly.

How do I do a clean install of Windows 10? What is your suggestion?

Get the serial numbers for the old Windows. Or the registration details that were with the Microsoft web site. YOu will need these the properly install the new Windows. The new Windows will work without registration, but has very limited updates.

Use "Microsoft Windows Iso Download Tool" to legally & safely latest version of Windows. If you have "Home" version, which is the simplest, do not try the higher versions. You may have copyright problems, etc.

Install this onto a flash stick, for speed. Otherwise, use a DVD. "Win10_1703_english_x64.iso"
If you have trouble with this, or need something more reliable than Windows, use Linux Mint. Live from a flash-stick, or installed onto the HDD. Mint can be installed onto any Windows computer. It allows multi-booting eaily, so that you can choose either Windows or Linux at the time of booting.

Back