Separate Troubleshooting Threads

ArmyofKirb

I love TechSpot, but I've found the forums a little hard to use. The main reason is that regardless of the general topic, 60%+ of the posts involve troubleshooting of software, hardware or other issues. I suggest that troubleshooting threads be given their own major category, then broken down further into specific issues. That way, If I want feedback on the best monitor for the money, for an example, then I'll won't have to compete with a deluge of troubleshooting threads. Just a suggestion...

What are you, psychic?
That's an excellent suggestion :grinthumb

Pretty sure Julio will think it's good too (ok really sure ;) )

To elaborate on what I was saying earlier, I think the current forums discourage discussion to an extent. The sheer amount of threads looking for troubleshooting drown out non-t/s threads. If my suggestion is implemented, I think it would allow more sharing of knowledge and experience, ultimately leading to more people capable of answering the t/s threads.

This is probably taking place soon, I'm already planning how this will actually take place, but I agree with you that we should make a division between open discussion and tech support threads for all members' sanity :)

Back