Separately leaked iPhone 5 parts assembled and fit perfectly

Leeky

With the launch of Apple's next iPhone fast approaching, speculation about its new features is mounting. The latest rumor comes courtesy of iResQ, which has fitted several of the leaked components to the iPhone 5's case.

The result gives previous rumors more credence, including Apple's smaller 9-pin dock connector as well as the new location for the headphone jack on the underside of the handset. iResQ noted that both components fitted the case perfectly, with the screw holes lining up correctly.

leaked iphone part fits perfectly case

If the pictures reflect the final design, it offers a preview for the first time of both the current and upcoming iPhone devices side by side. The new model is clearly taller than its predecessor, which will provide additional space for a 4.0-inch display. It also looks slightly thinner, though it's hard to tell for certain without the rear cover fitted.

This backs up last month's prototype leak. iResQ noted that besides additional gaskets and componentry missing, the device it has on-hand appears to use the same speaker arrangement. "From what this looks like, the speaker will fit inside of the new iPhone similar to the iPhone 4 and 4S. Because of this, we expect the new iPhone to have just one speaker like the current models."

Apple is expected to hold a media event on September 12, with the next-generation iPhone and an iPad Mini widely expected to be unveiled. Apple reportedly intends to begin shipping the devices nine days later.

Permalink to story.

I'm as interested in the new iPhone as the next guy... but I don't really understand the fascination with every rumor. Apple is coming out with a new phone! Which is exactly what everyone expects. No one thought Apple was done making phones with the 4S. At least let's wait until we get some piece of info about the new iPhone that will set it apart from other phones. A 4 Inch screen isn't really a big deal.

Yea, these news makes me go really meh.
So like wow, they are developing a new phone, really?
Sorry to be so blunt but I don't understand this Apple craze one bit

It makes the news so often because Apple is so secretive. Everybody wants to know the information they aren't supposed to know. People are more interested in information with some kind of secrecy around it. Just look at Valve, Valve also makes the news every time they flinch a finger. (Half-Life rumors, anybody?) It's because they are so secretive.

I switched to Windows Phone 7 early (HTC HD7) and have been generally happy with my purchase. However, after nearly 2 years of seeing applications released first for iOS and Android and maybe never surfacing on WinPhone, and seeing that Windows Phone 8 still doesn't have a guarentee of some essentials apps (iPlayer is one) and considering that I owned an iPhone 3G and already have a fair amount of applications purchased on that ecosystem, I am very tempted by a larger screened iPhone.

Glad to see its on the way. In November my contract runs out and I can upgrade. Gives me some time to see Win Phone 8 in action, if it doesn't cut the proverbial mustard I will likely switch back to iOS for a couple of years again.

I pay £7.50
for 300 mins, 300 text unlimited landliine and fair use internet.

I have my own bought LG 2X which I got cheep, as they say that ill do pig.

In the UK the iphone contracts are more expensive for less, not worth is for a bit more shiny IMOP

I perdict apple's fall in the near future. After the Passing of Jobs I dont think the Ingenuity and orgainzation is there anymore. I dont see this phone being very good.

Back