Serious Sam HD 2 graphics glitch

Trillionsin

I have a graphics glitch that I need help with.

I just set up EyeFinity with two 22 inch monitors and one 24 inch monitor. The larger one is using the Displayport adapter to VGA. Also my graphics card is XFX Radeon HD 5830. I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

Anything else I am forgetting? Just ask...

https://www.techspot.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=4038

Here is an image I uploaded to Techspot to help assist in showing the type of graphics problem. It is glitchy and random colors are flashing and changing shapes on the screen but I can still see my guy and his gun, some of the walls and such.

Attachments

• SeriousSamGlitch.jpg
    SeriousSamGlitch.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 8
Game patch installed? Has the graphics driver been updated? Is the power supply failing? Is this the only game with the problem?

Downloaded straight from Steam. Graphics driver was recently installed with the latest driver I could find. Power supply seems to be in check, checked voltages from Everest (program). This is the only game with this problem, and only after I installed the third monitor with the Displayport to VGA adapter.

How does it react when you use only the monitor with the display port? Try another VGA adapter.

How does it react when you use only the monitor with the display port? Try another VGA adapter.

The point is to have three monitors. I will test this however and let you know.

Do you really think the VGA adapter could be the problem? Its brand new. Also, they are 15 bucks per. I have a feeling that this isnt the case considering this game is the only thing I have been having a problem with so far. It works with Modern Warfare 2, Alien vs. Preditors, Geometry Wars.

(I know great selection, sorry.. only games I have on Steam at the moment and AvsP was free, but does work with Eyefinity properly)

The point is to have three monitors.
Of course, I understand this. I'm just seeing if I can narrow down the problem area.

Being brand new doesn't mean the adapter can't be defective. That said, if it works with those other games, I admit it doesn't seem likely the adapter is bad but you didn't mention those other games before and I was only going on the information you provided.

It might be a problem with that game and ATI's drivers.

It seems to be doing it no matter what now.... i havent tried uninstalling or reinstalling anything since i set up eyefinity. I guess I will try that next.

If any one has any ideas for me to try, I'm listening. I know its lame, but I was having a lot of fun playing Serious Sam. lol

I know this is an old thread... but I may have made a connection on why this happened.

I found this.

*** WARNING ***: there is a BUG in Catalyst 10.7 that prevents to use OpenGL 4 GPU tessellation on all Radeon HD 5800. Other Radeon like HD 5700 are not affected by this bug.

+++ UPDATE +++: the tessellation bug with Catalyst 10.7 + Radeon HD 5870 has been fixed in Catalyst 10.8.

The bug may lead to this rendering:
opengl4_tessellation_hd5870_cat10.7.jpg

http://www.geeks3d.com/20100819/gpu-tool-tessmark-0-2-2-new-opengl-4-tessellation-benchmark/

This is very similuar to what gameplay looked like in this game.

I had installed a new HD 5830 that I had gotten. No longer in use.

Back