services.exe error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night my internet disconnected. That seemed normal enough at first, however there was a services.exe (had to shut down unexpectedly etc.) error associated with it, although unlike most of the services.exe errors I'm reading on the net the computer did not try to shut down. After the error the internet would not work. When I started the computer again this morning it had the same error on startup, I ran an AVG virus program and discovered only one virus, a Trojan downloader. According to AVG: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic3.BNC, I removed this and the error nolonger occured on startup, however the computer appears to connect to the internet but does not download web pages nor does it connect to MSN, or view any other computers on the network. The other computers on the network are working fine, it is not a nextwork issue.

the closest thing I could find on the net about the problem is here:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-60763-servicesexe-terminates-with-error-code-203.html

I tried the solutions given to him, but within reason as I cannot download anything.

I am not sure if it was error code 203 and since the error is nolonger occuring.. so I don't know if I'll be able to post a log.

Cyrus

hey again,

I found the problem, the trojan downloader.Generic3.BNC left 4 things on the computer: (this is for the benefit of anyone else with the same problem)

1 was a virus file which was just a series of numbers in C:/
3 were files marked Uninstall and a series of numbers ( something like: uninstall283746) in the Start>programs>startup area in the start menu.
AVG only identified 1 of those 3 files as a virus, when looking at the diretory where that was I found the other 2 suspicious files.

Steps I took:
shut off system restore
disabled internet connection
started in safemode, deleted both files and then restarted

everything seems ok now.. but I suppose we will see.. let you know if anything changes.

Cyrus

here is the log file, I don't know much about it, however looking at these entreis.. they don't seem very microsoft official:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zuhqr] C:\WINDOWS\zuhqr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [julmt] C:\WINDOWS\julmt.exe

besides that the computer seems ok, but let me know if I need to get rid of something in there.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is riddled with nasties.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. This time, follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of King Pie only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back