Set motherboard bios cmos to factory default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,

I would like to set my motherboard back to it's original bios config. I would like to clear the cmos. I have a msi K8T neo2 version 6202E. I want to clear becuase I was messing with the two drives I have and I slowed down my pc. Boots are slow, very slow since the fiddling. I know it's not the drives becuase I formated and cleared them. If I jump the JBAT1, will I loose anything, or will it set to factory and I have to load drivers again.( which I want)
Thank you

If you take the CMOS battery out for 15mins that should clear all the BIOS settings and therefore set it to factory settings,

Dan

Why do you think BIOS will fix this, did you fiddle with that too? Drivers reside in the OS not the BIOS. If your mobo manual says jumper JBAT1 to reset BIOS then this is the correct way to refresh to factory defaults or just boot into BIOS and set for Fail Safe defaults. Did you play with the boot options, HDD 1st, then CD, then Floppy etc? Confirm your boot order too.

on MSI motherboards you need to jumper the J1 terminal next to the CMOS battery or remove the battery for 3 seconds. then remove jumper. DO NOT leave jumper in -you will fry your motherboard!

ensure power is off and unplugged. GROUND yourself.

sorry getting back late, ya, I did it, I jumped the board. It told me to leave the jumper in, but put back to it's original setting. I noticed the setting was in the wrong spot, I never touched it. But it did clear. No diferrence. To answer the other question, It isn't my operating system, or boot options. I switched the sata cables. loaded the os on the other drive, so I can get into it. the board loaded it, but it used the other serial port. It seems like it wants to load from the first setting, then switches over to the second serial ata port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back