SETI Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steg

Is anyone else having problems connecting to the SETI server? I keep getting "Connection Failed, Retrying in an hour" messages, and have been for the last 24 hours or more. The stats server appears to be down aswell.

Anyone else have any ideas? It may be because I have been playing with the router - but everything else works so i dont see why SETI shoud not.

Steg

CORRECTION - The stats server is up - ignore me - the data units still dont come thou :(

CORRECTION #2 - Sending/transmiting units back works fine - its just downloading them that doesnt work - how odd

CORRECTION #3 - It works occasionally now - i get one unit downloaded but the next one just doesnt work - this is just odd - it must be my machine....

- Thread moved to proper forum
Didou

*Ahem* Sorry :eek:

May 17, 2004
On Monday, May 17th we had an outage for about 4 hours for hardware upgrades. The data servers and web site are now back on-line.

At first it didn't want to let me download a unit, but now it worked. I guess they're still recovering from the outage. 4 hours means a lot of people were waiting to upload thousands of results & download new WUs. Sometimes I feel sorry for the Berkeley servers...:p

Ah ha, i suppose that more or less explains the problems.

Yeh, the Berkeley servers must get a fairly good perminant bombardment from the SETI world, and after 4 hours down time.....ouch

Steg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back