Setting different resolutions on different monitors on same gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafdmr24

hello everyone... i was just wondering whether i could set different resolutions on different monitors. I found an lcd monitor beside a rubbish bin on the way back from work.. so i assume it was thrown away by its previous owner & decided to bring it back home to test it.... it`s still alive! Did a check online with its model (NPS NPS555 15") & its max resolution was 1024 x 768 & my current monitor (Compaq something-something CRT 17") i`m using was at 1280 x 1024. So.. any help on how to set the resolutions differently? Its not cool anymore because i can`t make it look bigger as if you`re having a big monitor.:D

Thank you for the reply. Yes..running them both now. Looked through Nvidia`s control panel & found a "Manage Custom Resolution" setting but won`t allow me to set the resolution differently.

EDIT :Ah... i`ve managed to use 1280 x 1024 on my main crt monitor... it was just in "Change Resolution" in NCP (i was afraid to change resolution at 1st as i thought it would damage the lcd by forcing higher resolutions). But... on the smaller lcd i have to move my mouse around to view unseenable corners of the screen. so now.. is there a fix for this?

Just use display settings. In Vista it's at the bottom of the "Personalize" window, reached by right clicking the desktop. In XP, just right click the desktop and you should be able to get to it. It will display your monitors and allow you to move them around and change resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back