Setting up 2 routers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently set up a second router on my network. The first is a wireless Linksys and the second is a Netgear router both are up and running and working fine. The problem I’m having is sending print jobs to me networked printer which is hooked up to my Linksys router. The 2 computers that are hooked up the Linksys are printing fine and also any wireless computers are also printing fine. It’s the 3 computers I have hooked up to my Netgear router that aren’t printing or even seeing the networked printer. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Is there any reason why you desided to hook up a Netgear router instead of just getting a switch and letting the linksys take care of all the router duties?

No reason at all other then I already had one and didn’t need to buy anything new. I also have a standard 4 port hub. Would that work in place of the router? Will my Linksys still assign IP address for all the computer?

try turning off dhcp in the netgear
it will act only as gateway
I don't use the dhcp feature in my routers
all are set to gateway and all nic's are set static??
set the netgear address to a new number like if your wireless is 192.168.1.1 (default)
set the netgear to 192.168.1.5
set the gateway default to the wireless address
that may work

How did you connect the routers? You should not use the WAN port on the secondary router. Turn off DHCP on the secondary, give it a LAN IP from the primary router's range and use only the LAN ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back