Setting up 5.1 on a 6 ch integrated sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a P4S800 Mother board - SIS648fx, 800FSB, DDR400, 8x AGP, 6 ch audio, USB 2.0.

Everything I have read says that it is 5.1 ready. When I plug in my 5.1 speakers I cant get all them all to work. Sub , left and right no probs, centre speakers nothing

I am a total novice and would appreciate some assistance. I am running XP. Do I need to get some sort of adaptor from **** Smith or Tandy or radio shack

I have an athalon system but I had the same problem, My speakers where 5.1 channel but not digital, there was a place in the settings where I could turn off the digital output. I have an NForce 2 board and there is an Icon in the system tray for the bottom right that accesses your sound options, there may also be a set up wizard in your options. If all else fails kick your speakers, thats just my opinion. Kicking them sometimes has mixed results though, Sure as hell makes you fell better though.

You need to be playing a multi-channel source in order to use the centre channel, try playing a DVD in it, if that works fine then you're setup right, a CD won't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back