Setting up component cable for DVD to TV connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I am trying to set up my new (my first ever!) TV and DVD player, and I bought some component video cables (the red, blue, green) to make the connection. The TV works okay, and the DVD player plays fine with an S-video connection. However, when I use the component cables, everything goes pink. Nice for Hello Kitty and friends, but not at all cool for Star Wars. :darth:

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

help

did you ever get any help with this?? i know this is an old thread... i have the same issue... any help out there?? THanks!

When I had this problem, about 6 months ago was a faulty DVD player, I don't know if it's the same case, but when I bought this Phillips DVD player I just use it with the composite cables (Y-R-W) but then when I tried the component (R-G-B) everything seems blueish, so I checked the cables and when moving the cables seems pink, so I tought the problem was the cable, switched the cable and same issue, then I tried both cables with a different DVD player and worked great. I took back to the store the DVD player and exchanged for the same model and this one works just great.

I've read multiple posts from users (from other website forums) claiming it's faulty cables or dvd players. That's not the case at all! Go into your dvd setup menu (not tv setup menu) and change "video output" from "s-video" to "YPRPB." If you have component cables hooked up with "s-video" as the video ouput, you'll get an all blue or all pink screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back