Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review

Julio Franco

Staff member
I loved the last 2 games in this series...but geez the graphics in Shadow of the Tomb Raider look like they came form 10 years ago.

I loved the last 2 games in this series...but geez the graphics in Shadow of the Tomb Raider look like they came form 10 years ago.

They look a bit better than the last two games, to me, though I didn't watch the video posted in this article. Not a lot of normal mapping going on, especially on the human characters, but not terrible-looking or polygonal.

I was tempted to stop watching the video right where the author claims he is a
professional video game expert
which is as phony as people who speak of themselves in third person.

I made it to the 52 second mark. Dude is insufferably annoying.
I only watch walkthroughs with no commentary. Mkiceandfire is an awesome youtube person!

She’s not so hot; I hope the game doesn’t show her face so much. Either it’s poor modeling or done to for women so they don’t feel “threatened” by her, which could reduce game sales and increase complaints.

More anti-christian brainwashing. Satanists just won’t quit until they depopulate 2/3rds of the world...just like Jesus said would happen. First they have to decieve the world with a false peace and religion, and christians will be hunted. This game is to make you ok with that. People are so naive to follow whatever hollywood ect feeds them.

Combat is fun, but it would be nice to see more puzzles and tombs (not optional side tombs, actual tombs in the gameplay, I mean the game is called tomb raider after all).

I also hope they add more personality to Lara and focus more on her character. She is strong, but her personality is very black and white most of the time. In my opinion she doesn’t really have a recognizable personality, which the classic Lara had. I guess this is because she’s supposed to be a younger version of Lara, but it would be nice to see her personality evolve more in this game.

She’s not so hot; I hope the game doesn’t show her face so much. Either it’s poor modeling or done to for women so they don’t feel “threatened” by her, which could reduce game sales and increase complaints.

First, the point of the game isn't to give you eye candy. Second, who cares if every female character doesn't live up to the random internet male's perception of beauty. Do you go around complaining that Death from Darksiders is ugly? Double standard.

More anti-christian brainwashing. Satanists just won’t quit until they depopulate 2/3rds of the world...just like Jesus said would happen. First they have to decieve the world with a false peace and religion, and christians will be hunted. This game is to make you ok with that. People are so naive to follow whatever hollywood ect feeds them.

Seriously? Shouldn't you be posting on some religious board?

Here's a bombshell for you. No one is going to change their religious preferences over a Tomb Raider game.

First, the point of the game isn't to give you eye candy. Second, who cares if every female character doesn't live up to the random internet male's perception of beauty. Do you go around complaining that Death from Darksiders is ugly? Double standard.
Forgive them they can't help showing their feminism from the standpoint of a true 100% feminist. I must admit I am a bit feminist myself, but not to the point I have to have it in a game.

First, the point of the game isn't to give you eye candy. Second, who cares if every female character doesn't live up to the random internet male's percevption of beauty. Do you go around complaining that Death from Darksiders is ugly? Double standard.
Tomb raider is one of the most iconic eye candy games of all time. Why change the character? The avengers isn't going to make Thor into a bald guy with beer belly, unless for lol. Women like his look, why change him? The way majority of people view beauty sells. What do we need to start showing more feet to cater to the obscure foot fetish crowd? No, businesses want to make money.

I looked up death from darksiders, it looks like he has always been ugly and still is. Good, why change him? You have to deal with reality, in reality the core gaming audience is male and majority of those males like hot women. It's a business model. Besides you never see chicks make their avatars look like what most people perceive as ugly. You don't see girls on instagram or facebook using ugly filters.... Woman want to play a beautiful character as well.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fa/6/69/Tomb_Raider_(1996).png

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d4/Tomb_Raider_II.png/220px-Tomb_Raider_II.png

This one is just funny

https://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/lara-croft-tomb-raider-1-cosplay-edgy.jpg

You don't see girls on instagram or facebook using ugly filters.... Woman want to play a beautiful character as well.
I do have a female friend on Facebook that currently has this set as their avatar. This is probably a direct sign, that they are tired of feminism from everyone.
41294782_10212499579069510_773689674920099840_n.jpg

Seriously? Shouldn't you be posting on some religious board?

Here's a bombshell for you. No one is going to change their religious preferences over a Tomb Raider game.

Are you one of those haters on a Christian board?

They are simply re-stating that we are truly in the end times. As foretold, there will be scoffers, such as yourself. You are contributing to proving the prophesy of the bible.

Is it just me, or the video linked in the article full of spamming advertisements? I skimmed through and it seemed like advertisements popped up every 30 seconds? Could a better video have been found? I'll pass. Thanks anyway.

A few years back a female on the dev team for Rise of the Tomb Raider said "sexy Lara" was being axed in the name of progress. Old Lara was sexy + intelligent + lethal. Basically, she had everything and the kitchen sink. New Lara they want only to be intelligent + lethal. If the Kotaku review is anything to go by, they're trying to de-emphasize the last bit as well. Future Lara will be just social + fluid.

Most games now days are full of satanism and worldliness. I was just playing Lemmings a couple weeks and realized it had anti-Christ garbage in it. It's been going on for a long time now. You have to be careful and watch what games you play, music you listen to, tv/movies you watch, etc.

I was just playing Lemmings a couple weeks and realized it had anti-Christ garbage in it.
Rise of the Tomb-Raider is a huge mockery for Christianity. It has this guy killing everyone is search for immortality in God's Name. If that is not the total opposite to being christian, I don't know what is.

I was just playing Lemmings a couple weeks and realized it had anti-Christ garbage in it.
Rise of the Tomb-Raider is a huge mockery for Christianity. It has this guy killing everyone is search for immortality in God's Name. If that is not the total opposite to being christian, I don't know what is.

Huh...funny you should say that. Christianity over the centuries has slaughtered millions in order to force that belief into people's lives. It wasn't that long ago - mid-1800's that people were still being executed for hearsay.

At least no one has been killed in the name of a religion in real life...oh wait

Back