Sharing a CD-R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone :)

I would like to know if it is possible to share a CD writer on my network.

I have two pc's, both running WinXP Home. Only one of them has a CD writer and I am wanting to copy backup music files from the pc that doesn't have the burner to the one that does.

I can see the CD-R drive on my network and it is set to shared but when I try to actually access it I get an error message saying something like "\\name\e is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this resource...Incorrect function."

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

You can share data from a drive. If you put a data CD in the burner (already written), when you try to access the drive you'll see the files (fancy that).

To the best of my knowledge, you can't share the burning capability as such, though.

there is a way to do this but not like you are wanting(as far as I know) but you can go to the machine with the burner and burn files from elsewhere on the network from shared directories.

Yes you can.
Download "Nero Net" that allows you to burn CD's over a network.
The brand-new NeroNET 1.2 version now supports the burning of DVD+R/+RW/-R/-RW/-RAM media. This requires the installation of a full version of Nero 6.3.1.6 or higher.

Please note: When you still use Nero 5.5 the capability of NeroNET is limited. You can't burn DVDs and won't be able to change the HTTP port.
look here:
http://www.nero.com/us/631934399251526.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back