Shogun 2 campaign map stutter/jumpy, GTX 550ti

Xclusiveitalian

I just bought a new Nvidia Geforce GTX 550ti 1GB and it runs everything in Shogun 2 total war good except the campaign map which is stuttery/jumpy when scrolling through the map, but fine everywhere else in the game. I have everything on ultra. and turned off Vsync, and I also got the latest drivers. From the Shogun 2 forums I hear this is a problem a lot of people are having as well. My question is, is this because Nvidia needs to update their drivers, or because of shogun not having the proper direct X support yet. I need to know because if this problem is going to be fixed by a patch (soon) i'd love to keep the card, it runs every other game i have on max, and even shogun 2 on max, but the campaign map is jumpy/stuttering slightly when moving which is annoying. When I end the turn and a unit moves it doesn't stutter though. What do you guys think? I also posted this on the Shogun 2 forums, I'm hoping to hear some good news.

My system:
Windows 7 home premium 64bit
CPU Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 550ti 1GB
8GB RAM

I have the same problem

Hi,

I found your post googling the same issue.

Won't let me post links here as I'm newly registered, but if you go to pcgamer dot com, there's an article entitled "Shogun 2 won’t have DirectX 11 support at launch".

Had similar trouble with the Crysis 2 demo, which needed to run its own DX Setup, despite the fact I have DX11 installed.

I don't have any AA yet on Shogun2 either.

System:
Intel Core i7 2600K
ASUS P8P67 PRO
8.0GB DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Back