Should I flip my card over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D@nny

Im afriad my graphics card is getting to hot its like 60-65 c IDLE and 70-75 C during Oblivion. I havn't checked it yet like for it being idle for a long time but i don't think its gonna go under 55 C. Thing is i have 2 fans blowing air out when from the back and when in the center of my case its green came with the pc blowing air towards my mobo. This fan on my 6800 gs was put on the bottom of the card so when i attached it the fan was right above of the card under it. So the air is being blown towards that card and its a pretty cramped space so all the hot air is staying their instead of flowing upwards and out through the vents. luckily i leave my case open and have a big fan near my desk that blows air pretty decently without me freezing up. Is that how the fan should be. On the bottom of the card like that? Wouldn't it make more sence if it was on the top? Any cooling suggestions. Some guy said getting some cold non mineral water like Evian and pooring that on my card to cool it down. I tried that it hasn't been the same ever since.. :haha:

It is really on top and not under neath, but due to atx standered the motherboard is backwards. Putting watter on it would have be ok if it were distilled water, not that I recommending that.

Don't do any modding at all!!! to the fan, don't mess with it, it will damage the card completely and void the waranty!!! (If you already haven't lol)

Yeah on the card its on top but in my mobo its facing the bottom. So people are saying to get a fan to help cooling plug it into the 4 pin connector i have. That will just take more power from psu so I think im either A) going to put icepacks around the case or B) get like a few small battery powered fans and stick them in my pc lol

Well it is in the yellow lol...I dunno just reading oblivions forums. GLad to kno its not ridiculously bad lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back