Show grandma how to do a task

holdum323

Hi! I thought I'd start a new thread about something you never see on help forums. This is a cool feature in Windows that is great for showing Grandma how to do something, and then send it to her in a email. The tool is called Problem Step Recorder(PSR). This will record every step and click your perform on your Key Board.

Here's a Zip file I created while using Macrium Reflect to create a back up image of my Windows Operating System. I challenge members here on the forum to use the PSR to create a zip file, showing how to do a task on your PC, and then post it here on the forum. I chose to Use Macrium Reflect because creating back up images is my favorite subject. Anyone have a task they would like to share and use PSR to show us here on the forum how you do it?

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-steps-recorder-2626159

Here's my zip file for Macrium Reflect! MBAM.zip

MBAM.zip
PS I challenge all you techs to create a PSR file and post it here on the forum. I dedicate this thread to my new friend @Cycloid Torus

Yawn. I'll await a specific task related question - - aka serve the needs of the community.

OK 37 years of tech experience. Always negative to every thing I post. How come @jobeard ?
I'm really not impressed. You might impress others here on TS, but not me! (yawn)
"aka serve the needs of the community." Meaning?

Last edited:
"aka serve the needs of the community." Meaning?
Don't preach -- solve user relate problems.

Those that can DO, the rest teach & preach​
Always negative to every thing I post.
not true. Your assistance in Win/10 is appreciated by everyone - - IMO, treating TS like your personal FB page is questionable.

This will probably get me in trouble here on TS. It's members like you, on help forums that get me banned from help forums. I posted a thread how to use PSR and you post a negative reply on it. I think it's a great tool and can be helpful. Not everyone on TS is a big time 37 year tech like yourself. Then you accuse me of treating TS like FB. Then you probably expect me to agree with you and go away. Ain't going to happen. Please leave me alone. Thank you!

Here you go @jobeard Here's article by TS https://www.techspot.com/guides/676-best-computer-tricks/
Here's a quote from the above link.:p:D
Use Windows' Problem Steps Recorder This handy tool automatically records any mouse clicks and takes screenshots for you. If you need tech assistance with your computer, go to Start and search for "steps recorder". Use the tool and by the time you are finished, you can send this information, neatly compiled automatically, to the person helping you with the issue. It will make the process of finding the problem much easier for them, which means you will be able to get your system up and running faster.

Hi @jobeard Do you really know what TS is about? Yes they may have changed a little, but they had and still have some good stuff here on TS forum. Do yo have a problem with my above reply??

Let the community opt-in/out of your suggestion - - fine by me :)
Hi. That sounds like a good deal to me! Here's some advise for you, sense you seem to always have some for me.
" Try being positive instead of being negative when you are helping a member here on TS":D

Yawn. I'll await a specific task related question - - aka serve the needs of the community.
I commented on WHAT I Will DO and you unload
OK 37 years of tech experience. Always negative to every thing I post.

I'm content to await the TS Community's contributions for Granny. Here's a suggestion: ask the moderators for a new forum something like HOW-TO, so that each 'offering' is unique and stands under it's own topic

probably expect me to agree with you and go away. Ain't going to happen. Please leave me alone.
I try to criticize ideas, not people. You seem to be hypersensitive to all contrary views and expect a big-ata-boy for every post. I've made suggestions and had some rejected too, but you see I can't approve or disapprove anything here. Fit the culture as in "When in Rome do as the Romans do" feels appropriate.

Just for you, I'll drop off this thread and leave it all to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I see you are one of those that has to have the last word and are never wrong. Thanks for messing up my thread.
Happy Thanks Giving!

Hey @jobeard You really should take a little time and browse TS. There's a whole lot going on here and I seriously doubt if you are aware of what TS is about. A lot more then what you see on the surface. ROFL

KEEP prodding and you just induce more pain;
member since 2005, 10,881 posts, 2,661 Likes​
and I'm sure you don't believe me, but it pains me to go down this path. In the twelve years on the site
Y O U are the first to become antagonistic and to seek out confrontation.

You mention being throw off other sites, and I've not suggested that - - Don't think I will have to, as given enough rope, you will hang yourself.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but YOU will never hurt me.

To reduce friction, I am setting IGNORE THIS USER which will obliterate all comments from you, both new and old
I highly recommend you do the same for my handle

Good night sweet prince, parting is such sweet sorrow.

Hi! I believe this is my thread. When I hang myself, I'm sure you will be the one with the big grin on your face.
I wish you and yours the best this old life can give you. Happy Thanksgiving fellow Okie!

Guess what JObeard, forums aren't only about solving op problems they are also about sharing experiences and ideas as well as revelations. I suggest it is you who is sensitive and maybe you just take in too much and are influenced by others remarks too much but I think you are the one out of step here, so lets all get on board and step lively and leave the criticizing of others actions to those empowered to do so, ok?

Guess what JObeard, forums aren't only about solving op problems they are also about sharing experiences and ideas as well as revelations. I suggest it is you who is sensitive and maybe you just take in too much and are influenced by others remarks too much but I think you are the one out of step here, so lets all get on board and step lively and leave the criticizing of others actions to those empowered to do so, ok?
Thank you - - point taken

Back