Sidewinder X6 keyboard minor issues/annoyances, help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo_zac

Well I recently bought myself a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard (and a Sidewinder X8 mouse) and the keyboard itself is very nice and It is much better than my old generic keyboard.

However The media keys do not work when I am playing Diablo 2, this is pretty annoying as it is the only game I wan't to listen to music whilst playing. Also when playing Bioshock the volume knob doesn't work, but the media keys work (play, pause, mute, next/previous track).

I have googled various things and found no results of other people reporting issues like this, maybe no one else who has an X6 plays D2 or Bioshock. Also I have created a thread/report thing on MSs Discussion thingy. I was browsing the MS site and that discussion thing was the only relevant kind of customer support I could find, if anyone else can point me in a better direction it would be nice.

I am running XP Pro (SP3), both games are the latest version Bioshock 1.1 and D2+LOD is 1.12a and I have the Intellitype 6.3 (latest) drivers/software installed.

If anyone else has the X6, any experience with the intellitype software or general insight I would love to hear from you.

And this is a really minor thing, but the volume knob changes volume in increments of 4% but if anyone has absolutely any idea how to change it so it changes it in increments of 1% I would be forever in your debt.

Did you get a driver/utility disc with the keyboard? Have you checked the Sidewinder website for software?

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread, I already stated in my original post that I am running Intellitype 6.3 which is Microsofts keyboard driver and software.

But your post prompted me to look on MSs site, and as it turns out there is a new version of Intellitype out, 6.31 (a whole .01 newer version :p). Unfortunately no easily accessable release notes so can't see what the changes are in the new version, downloading atm and will post back with results of installing the new version.

Edit: Update, I installed the new version of Intellitype (6.31) and rebooted my machine, Still same issues in Diablo 2 & Bioshock :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back