Silicones inside a laptop adaptor?

By hermtm2
Sep 26, 2009
  1. Hello.

    I part my labtop adaptor out to fix bad connection problem. The wires were resoldered and it works as normal. After fixed the wire I can not find the look-like silicone. The gray color stuff was between the wires. I guess the stuff works for proventing electric shocks among those components. Can you guys tell what the gray stuff is? I look like normal silicone. Also please let me know where I can get that?

    Here is picture.

  2. strategic

    strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,020

    The grey stuff is 'mastic putty' you should be able to find it at any local electrical supply shop, depending on your location.
  3. hermtm2

    hermtm2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    Is that the real name? I looked that on the web but nothing pop up. Could you give me more infromation about that stuff?

  4. strategic

    strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,020

    Mastic putty
    Follow the link, there's all kinds of information on it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...