Sims 2 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize there is many other threads about Sims 2 and the DirectX but after browsing through a bunch, have yet to find one that fully helped me.

So, I installed the Sims 2 and the Sims 2 nightlife expansion back on Windows XP on Boot Camp so I'm using a Macbook and whenever I try and run the game I get the error "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

But when you initially install Sims 2 you have to install DirectX 9 anyways, so I know it's already installed so I don't understand, and haven't a clue as what to do.
I tried reinstalling it, but still no changes.

Any help would be appreciated...and if you need more info or anything I'll give it to ya! Thanks!

You misread the error message. It isn't saying you lack DirectX 9.0c. It says you lack a graphics adapter that is compatible with DirectX 9.0c. That usually means you have an onboard (built in) graphics chip that isn't supported by the game. You would have to install a compatible graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back