Sims2 freezes all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok my Sims 2 Double Deluxe freezes all the time, so annoying! I think it has something to do with not having the right video card but I dont understand anything to do with video cards!
PS. I have Windows Vista

This is on the back of the game's box but does it mean?:

"Video card must have 32 MB or more of memory (64 MB for Windows Vista) and one of these T&L capable chipsets: ATI Radeon 8500 or greater; (9600 or greater required for Windows Vista); NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS or greater (GeForce 6200 or greater required for Vista)"

please help

Are you using the built-in (integrated) graphics or a plug-in card?
How much RAM (memory) do you have installed?
What other programs are running when you play? You can turn off your antispyware and antivirus while playing to free some memory and CPU usage. Just remember to turn them back on before going online.

Are you using the built-in (integrated) graphics or a plug-in card?
How much RAM (memory) do you have installed?
What other programs are running when you play? You can turn off your antispyware and antivirus while playing to free some memory and CPU usage. Just remember to turn them back on before going online.

Im pretty sure the graphics card is built-in, I have 3062 MB RAM, and I exit MSN, AVG Antivirus, and Acer Empowering Technology before playing

does this help?

What is the make and model of your machine so I can try to find out about the motherboard graphics?
Also may be other programs running besides the ones you named.

Your RAM could possibly be part of your problem. All the info I could find shows that this machine came with 1GB of RAM with a max of 2GB.
How did you get 3GB into it?

hmm, i dont know, i didnt set it up

umm i went to www.systemrequirementslab.com and checked to see if my computer could run the game and got these results:

CPU
Minimum: 1.0 GHz processor
You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz
PASS
CPU Speed
Minimum: 1 GHz
You Have: 2.00 GHz Performance Rated at 3.89 GHz
PASS
System RAM
Minimum: 256 MB
You Have: 3.0 GB
PASS
Operating System
Minimum: Windows Vista, XP, ME, 2000, 98
You Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build Service Pack 16001) PASS
Video Card
Minimum: A T&L-capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM. ATI Radeon series 8500 or better, NVIDIA GeForce series GeForce2 GTS and better
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family ()
FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement.
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 358 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 7.14.10.1437 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
DirectX Version
Minimum: 9.0c
You Have: 10.0 PASS
Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
PASS
Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 6.0 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
Free Disk Space
Minimum: 5 GB total for all three games.
You Have: 144.1 GB
PASS

Just about has to be the wrong video card if that was the only thing to fail.
Don't know what that T&L capable means though.

Not too sure on that myself ( not for a notebook type anyway.) I'm always using desktops which have more room.
Hopefully some else with more expertise in these will come along. I've run out of ideas on it.
Good luck. Best wishes.

I'll be around if I can ever be of any REAL help "Dee-Dee".
Used to watch Dexters Lab myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back