Single Core to Dual Core and now Internet Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route44

Today I took my Athlon 64 3200+ and replaced it with a dual core 3800+ (this is a socket 939 system). Everything went smoothly, system powered up, and cpu temperature is at 33c. My BIOS (which the latest and last for my mobo) is for dual core.

I logged on to the internet and at first no issues for about 3 minutes but then I noticed I couldn't access sites. It was like my internet connection just froze. Figuring it was one of those occasional needs to reset the router/modem I reset both by unplugging the power for 10 sec.

Nothing changed even after reset. I figured it was a dual core thing and so I installed the Windows hotfix for XP and dual cores. I also installed the AMD Dual Core Optimizer.

When I rebooted I was able to log on to the internet but accessing Amazon.com or even my mail is either really slow or froze. When I tried to log on here loading time was agonizingly slow to the point I had to disable the firewall in order to log on.

I have changed nothing with my system other than the CPU. I am at a loss. Could the firewall be the issue by the fact my hardware has changed? I doubt it but as I said I am at a loss. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Never mind. I was over at the Overclockers forums and happened to look in on their Internet & Networking forum and there at the top was the subject South Jersey Comcast. It seems others were having internet issues with the Comcast Evil Empire as well.

Well EPoX went out of business and their last BIOS update was from August of 2006 for their 9NPA series which I have. Its working fine now, Tedster. It definitely was a COMCAST thing. Thanks for checking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back