SLI GT8800 with Accelero s1 rev2 cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i have a asus gt8800 512mb card and about to run sli in the next few weeks when i purchase the 2nd card. now i would like to install the accelero s1 rev2 with the turbo module's. the issue is if the sli connector that runs from the top of 1 card to the other will fit through the grill of the cooler as it says that it sits higher then the card itself on the arctic cooling website. any help would be great.

tecpalsovic, why go SLI for a 20% increase, why not just buy a better card if u need more for gaming?

well i originally built the system to run SLI and to purchase the 2nd card when it came down in price. it was something that i wanted to do. but if buying now a newer card would get me better results then i might go that way. what at the moment runs as well as 2 gt8800 512mb in SLI?

There are long soft SLI bridges you can buy that might allow you to use Accelero cooler.

i'm in melbourne australia, where could i buy one from?

just had a look on ebay and have found a few but all in the US. postage isn't to bad to Australia. well that sorts out the SLI bridge problem over the Accelero coolers.

Thanks Cinders.

Now to work out if buying a better card will be worth it or continue with the SLI system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back