Not open for further replies.

hichael

Hello all

I finally decided to build this system:

APEVIA X-Infinity Metal Case
-INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 2.4G
-BFG GeForce 8800GTX OC2 Edition
- 2GB OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 ATI Crossfire Dual Channel
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache Sata II Hard Drive ST3500630AS
-OCZ GameXStream 850W SLI Power Supply
-P5KC Dual-channel DDR2 1066/800/667 MHz or DDR3 1333/1066/800
-Vantec Spectrum PCI Fan Card with Blue UV LED
Lite-On Super-Multi LH20A1H Light scribe DVD Burner - 20x DVD±R Burn

Now is there any conflict or mismatch between 8800GTX and P5KC motherboard, because the motherboard and the OCZ DDR2 are Crossfire ready when 8800GTX is SLI ready.
They both improve quality of the image? Or you have to have one or the other. No mixing them up. Do i really need Sli or Crossfire to improve for picture quality?

Thank you

beef_jerky4104 said:
If the motherboard is CrossFire ready than it will not work with SLi.

and vice versa just to reiterate.

Hichel - its not really about picture quality, its more so about performance gains. i would do a search on crossfire and SLI as different users provide their own feedbacks to the pros and cons of each. But if you already have a board that is crossfire only then it works with ATI cards. You will have gains in just about all areas in benchmark scores. some argue its a waste as the next up and coming single card can out do a crossfire/sli card setup. do your own research about it and it may help in your decision making

SLI\Crossfire allows for minimal\no performance drops when using high resolutions such as 1600x1200 and above. To answer your question, you don't need SLI\Crossfire for better image quality, only better performance if you're looking to run a game\app at the previously mentioned resolutions. And no, there will be no conflict between the video card and the motherboard. I myself have an ASUS P5K and an 8800GTX and have no problems running them whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back