Bombay Kid

I have:
HP pro 3500 Series computer
4.00 GB RAM
64 Bit operating system
CPU G870 @ 3.1 GHZ
Windows 7 professional
Service pack 1

Recently I went from Internet explorer to fire fox browser.
I uninstalled IE 10 because it was not working all the time.

Now my problem is that Every time I change like going from Hotmail account to Gmail account it take lots of time close to 1MIN. This is true with every time I go from one web page to other.

Can you help?

I am using Mcafee software.
Need your help.

Yes I down loaded all three malwares and scan my computer and fix the errors. Still it is taking 30 to 40 sec. to change from one web page to next. I tried to down load drivers up date but they want money. I can I up date all my drivers ? Some one told me that slow computer means drivers are not up dated. Can you help

Have you tried slim drivers . There is a free version of it.Plus have you tried here on Tech spot. They have a lot of drivers here to .That may work with your computer. Have you tried reinstalling McAfee. Or just using a different Antivirus. Like Avast or MSE. McAfee can sometimes cause the problems you are having.

Have you tried slim drivers . There is a free version of it.Plus have you tried here on Tech spot. They have a lot of drivers here to .That may work with your computer. Have you tried reinstalling McAfee. Or just using a different Antivirus. Like Avast or MSE. McAfee can sometimes cause the problems you are having.
There are 15 drivers that needs upgrad. It takes close to 30 min to down load one. I will finish with all down loads in few days.

I'd echo Cobalt006 in saying that problems with security software are the first thing to look at with these issues. If it's down to McAfee you are wasting lots of time looking for the wrong solution so check it out. We tend to fall into the trap of having a favourite security program and it can be hard to move on if you've paid for a subscription. Dumping Spyware Doctor (subscription) in favour of MSE (free) on my computers a few years ago turbo charged my PC's.

A Bombay kid , A while back you posted. In another post about your screen saver not working. You had Norton installed on your computer. If this is the case . Did you Uninstall Norton? If so did you use Norton removal tool. If not this maybe your problem. Sense you now say you have McAfee installed. You may need to download Norton's removal tool. Norton is out of your PC. This could very well be the reason for the problems you are having now.

A Bombay kid , A while back you posted. In another post about your screen saver not working. You had Norton installed on your computer. If this is the case . Did you Uninstall Norton? If so did you use Norton removal tool. If not this maybe your problem. Sense you now say you have McAfee installed. You may need to download Norton's removal tool. Norton is out of your PC. This could very well be the reason for the problems you are having now.

I did remove Norton by using Norton removal tool.
Some one suggested McAfee so I bought Mcafee software.
I am confuse now. I have tried a few different security software non of them are good. They work for a while and then create problem.
CAN YOU SUGGEST THE BEST ANTIVIRUS FREE SOFTWARE. how ABOUT AVAST?

Moderator note: Please do not shout.

I agree with Cobalt006 - Avast is a pretty good free Antivirus - it found a small virus in my PC that I hadn't noticed with my previous Anti-v

Back