Slow Internet one one computer

Hodsocks

A question about my computer this time, the internet speed appears to have slowed down noticeably, it is normally 12 - 15MB download speed but my last successful test was only 0.8MB. If I connect through another desktop I get the normal speed, if I connect wirelessly that also works fine, I disconnected the ethernet cable form my pc and connected it to a laptop and speed is again fine, its just my machine, e-mail is also very slow or it gives up trying.
I have reloaded the Nvidia drivers which made no difference, my mobo has 2 ethernet ports and I have tried both but they are both slow, it was working fine and then overnight it dropped to a crawl.
Have you guys any words of wisdom for me?

have you tried checking the Packets being recieved and sent for me im having some kinda problems sometimes which skyrockets my ping to an unplayable gaming but restarting both router and modem helps for me so if u probably have any other errors call your isp they should check your problems

I have pinged several sites and they all return fine with a quick response, tried changing drivers for ethernet but no improvement, ran in safe mode but again no improvement, turned off kaspersky but still no improvement.

Try swapping out the current ethernet cable with a different one, then test. Reboot into safe mode w/ networking, test again. Post back with results please.

as I told u already call your isp and check for any problems
Wouldn't ISP issues effect all connections within the network not just one machine? Seems to me blaming ISP over one machines connection is a waste of time. Now if every machine within the local network was having this issue, thats a different story.

well usualy isps do have some problems not everytime tho they might have a problem if u want to confirm anything just talk to anyone which has the same service and speak to them

Back